[Membership 2 Pro] MS2 Automated Email skipping some members

Hi there!
Everything seems to be working great for the automated email addon except I noticed there was 2 members that expire soon and only one of them received the "Payment - Before Due".

I have the email log enabled so you can see the logs. Thanks for your help!

• Oguz

Hey Opteweb ,

Hope you're well.

Thank you for the information you provided, I can check your website but I need the ID or username or email of that two account. Can you send me one of these with the credentials of your site? Please don't send over this ticket because of this forum is public.

Could you please send the information via our secure contact form from https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ;

- The subject line should contain only: ATTN: Oguz
    - Include the user information that I requested
    - Include WordPress credentials(login url, username, password)
    - Include FTP credentials (host, username, password, port number)
    - Link back to this thread

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic.

Cheers,
    Oguz

• Oguz

Hey Opteweb ,

Hope you're well.

Thank you for the information you provided via email. I have little confusion, can you make this clear, is only "Payment - Before Due" template doesn't deliver or is it not related any template, all emails can be missing?

Also, for example, you gave me "de*******33@gmail.com" email address, but when I check the logs I can see the "Payment - Before Due" template sent. So is that possible it's sending emails but lately?

Cheers,
    Oguz

• Opteweb

Hey, Thanks Oguz

Ok so with that email it seems to be working but if you look at the ru******r1@gmail.com I noticed the template "Payment - Before Due" didn't work. It should have happened on 5/25 but I don't see any log of it. Maybe there's a reason for that? I'm not too sure but so far everything looks to be working fine. It'd be nice to know why that email didn't go through but if you can't find anything that's fine. Thanks for all your help Oguz

• Dimitris

Hello there Opteweb,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chip in here! :slight_smile:

I accessed your backend and noticed that a Subscription - Before expires email has been sent to that user on 2018-05-29 01:32, but not a Payment - Before Due email.
    After searching members that got the "Payment - Before Due" email, noticed that all of these haven't used any actual payment gateway themselves, but it was an admin that registered them.
    After some more research I noticed that the "Cowgirls" membership level has a finite access duration and doesn't use recurring payments (you should use Paypal Standard instead of Paypal Single gateway for that), so there's no actual payment on due and members should manually pay for next cycle, thus this email doesn't getting off to them.

Hope that was some help!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Opteweb

Hi there Dimitris!

Ah ok, that makes sense. I'll look into switching to the Standard Gateway. It looks like they have the merchant ID populated already so if I were to disable the Single and activate the Standard, would everything work as normal?

Also, I just noticed starting 2018-06-04 14:50 all the email logs are showing a circle instead of a checkmark. I tried looking to see what kind of error but I can't find anything.

Thanks for your help!

• Dimitris

Hello there Opteweb,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

The circle icons mean that these emails failed to be sent due to some other issues.

You can try to toggle the setting for "Use WordPress Cron for sending emails" in Membership 2 -> Settings off and see how's that goes.

Another workaround, in addition with above setting, would be to use a SMTP connection which allows you to configure and send all outgoing emails via a SMTP server, for example via your GMail. Our Ultimate Branding plugin includes a SMTP module to test that.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.