Membership 2 Pro Not Sending Subscription -Trial Finished Emails

I have "Subscription - Trial Finished" automated email set to send 2 days prior to trial end.
I also have it set to send the admin a copy of that email.
The email is not being sent.
It also appears that M2 is not sending any other automated emails after the initial signup email is sent.
Support Access is on.
I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks,
Don

• Nithin

Hi Don,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

It's an already reported bug, and the developers are aware of this issue. Could you please try the fix attached below, and replace the file class-ms-model-communication.php located under /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/, with the given one.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Don,

I testing your site and I haven't receive any email from it - I also tried to check if I will get reset password email from your site but it showing me error "ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR" on default login form and does not send from other login for at all (I checked spam folder to be sure).

Can you also check with your hosting provider if they are not blocking any emails from your server - Im asking about that because I dont see SMTP plugin on your site.

Could you enable debug log in your WordPress so we could see if there are any errors there? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it to dropbox like a service and paste link here.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Don

Hi Kasia,

M2 is set to send the admin email acct a copy of the new user registration welcome email with logins, etc. and another email with a copy of the plan chosen, etc. - I DID receive those emails at the admin email.

I am using the plugin Ultimate Branding and have it set to send all emails from support@mydomain - it works. I'm not sure then if I need to add an SMTP plugin? The site has been sending all emails in the past without any problems.

This domain is on our VPS amongst other domains and as far as I know, there has not been any email isuses with any domain, just this one. That said, I have asked our VPS provider if they are restricting anything; I'm awaiting their reply. I will update that here when I hear from them.

Per your suggestion...
    I have added the lines you mentioned to my wp-config.php file.
    Here is how they appear in wp-config.php now.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Also, I don't know if the following may now be causing problems, but I just saw these lines in my wp-config.php and thought I should mention it.
    In a previous support request I made in regard to M2 sending duplicate reminder emails to users on this domain, a WPMUDEV support person asked me to place the following lines in my wp-config.php. These lines are still there:

/** Prevents Membership 2 Pro from sending duplicate reminder emails. */
    define( "MS_DUPLICATE_EMAIL_HOURS", 24 );

define( 'MS_LOG_EMAILS', true );

Finally, here is a link to the debug.log file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6in1df2qq1rec1/debug.log?dl=0

Support Access is ON.

Thanks, Kasia.
    Don

• Nithin

Hi Don,

Is this issue only related to Subscription - Trial Finished email template? Or none of your templates is working for you at the moment? I was able to replicate the issue with the Subscription - Trial template, so I'm pinging the developer regarding this, so that he would be able to give a better idea about this.

Will keep you posted once I get an update from the developer regarding this asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Don

Hi Nithin,

I'm not certain what's being sent or not sent now.

I first noticed that M2 STOPPED sending Trial Finished emails.

Then, Kasia signed up and said she did not receive the new user registration emails - BUT - the site admin acct DID receive a copy of both new user signup emails sent to Kasia (one for welcome with logins & one with membership plan/invoice receipt).

I know on another site of mine that M2 has been sending 4 of each automated email - that has gone on for months without resolve. EXAMPLE: 4 trial ending soon emails, 4 membership ended emails, etc. M2 sends each email approximately 6 hours after the last email.

Any idea how long it will be before the developers cure all the email issues?

Support Access is ON.

Thanks,
    Don

• Nithin

Hi Don,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Then, Kasia signed up and said she did not receive the new user registration emails - BUT - the site admin acct DID receive a copy of both new user signup emails sent to Kasia (one for welcome with logins & one with membership plan/invoice receipt).

It could be a delay in receiving a message when she tested. Sorry for any confusion, I have asked Kasia to check her emails, when she comes online. However, I did test this in your system, and the emails do work fine. Signup - Use account created, Signup - Forgot Password, Subscription - Completed, Subscription - Cancelled, all these templates were working fine in your install. Rest of the email templates are related to payments, and since it's a live payment gateway I couldn't test this. But it does work fine in my test site.

At the moment, Subscription - Trial Finished email template doesn't seem to work in my test server, and for my colleague too, so I'm marking this as a bug.

I know on another site of mine that M2 has been sending 4 of each automated email - that has gone on for months without resolve. EXAMPLE: 4 trial ending soon emails, 4 membership ended emails, etc. M2 sends each email approximately 6 hours after the last email.

That's is really weird. If you haven't created a new thread regarding this issue, would recommend you to create a new thread, so that one of the support staff could get back to you asap. Pleas do make sure to perform plugin conflict test.

Any idea how long it will be before the developers cure all the email issues?

At the moment, with the fix attached in my first reply, all the email templates should work fine, except Subscription - Trial Finished . Please let us know if still have any issues related to these.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• gerard

HI Nithin,

We are also having problems with M2 emails not being sent. So far, we got answers from Nastia, Sajid and Jude on threads
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership2-email-activation#post-1184457
    and
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership2-email-activation#post-1179214 with still no resolution in sight.
    None of the fixes sent are working and it has now been 5 days since admin access and FTP codes have been sent - again - and no-one is answering anymore.
    Maybe you can help...
    We are getting quite desperate as those emails are sorely needed.
    Thanks

• Nithin

Hey Patricia9,

Sorry to know that you are still having issues with sending emails in your system. I tried to access your website, using the credentials that you have sent to Nastia, but its seems like the website is down? Are you working on it? I'm not able to access your website, and getting the following error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN:

Neither the Cpanel works too, please do note that we have a queue to follow when replying to threads, and posting multiple responses in your thread will bring your thread down the order, hence it'll delay our response. I'm pinging Nastia regarding your issue, and will ask to get back to you asap. Would recommend you following your original thread in order to get this sorted faster. Please let us know when your site is up. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.