Membership 2 Pro Payment Subscription Question

I have a membership level named "Gold". I have existing invoices that need to be paid for this level. But I had the level formatted to be a subscription level. That needed changed. But the existing invoices all still want to process as a subscription. When I add new members after the pricing was changed to a one-time fee, they still seem to be processing as a membership.
I have billing details and need to process payment for approximately 50 new members, and I need to make sure it's just a one-time payment.
I feel I must be missing a setting somewhere or something. Any insight is much appreciated!

• Christian

Even when Membership 2 membership level is set to a one-time payment for lifetime access, Paypal is forcing the transaction to be a recurring subscription. I've deleted and resynced with Paypal. I've removed and reinstalled the membership level. I need to be able to process payments for membership levels at the correct price. This particular membership level is $75 one time, and I'm not ok having everyone sign up for a recurring billing situation, because that's not what we're selling on this particular tier. Any insight into how to get members to pay the correct price is much appreciated.

• Nithin

Hi Christian,

Paypal is still trying to force a subscription. When I changed it, Paypal was recurring annually before, and now it's once every 5 years, but it's still forcing a subscription.

This occurs if you are using PayPal Standard Gateway, which would be 5 Years for PayPal, and that's the longest period PayPal allows in Standard Gateway. I checked your site, and could notice the same, you'll have to use PayPal Single Gateway, if your intention is to make make sure one time payment is used.

I'm afraid, there isn't any out of the box setting to control how the existing PayPal process of annual subscription could be changed within the plugin side. Easiest workaround would be creating a new subscription, and asking the members to subscribe to the new membership level, with PayPal Single Gateway.

It'll require a lot of custom coding to change the payment gateway to make use of single payments for existing users. Would creating a new membership as mentioned above help in your use case?

I'm checking this with the developer to see whether there is any workaround too, will keep you posted once I get further feedback.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Christian

Thank you for your feedback. I have everyone entered already, and the invoices are ready to be paid. Is there any way to pay the invoices and getting them entered into the new membership level (using paypal single of course), without having to delete all 48 users and manually re-entering them? Just making sure I'm not making it a bigger project than it needs to be.

Can I simply create a new membership level and assign the members we've already entered to the new level? Will that generate new invoices so we can get the payments processed? The last thing I can do is expect all 48 people to visit the site again and do this manually. I need to be able to nail this down as an admin. I have all the details we need in hand, just figuring out the best way to do it. Any insight is much appreciated.

• Nithin

Hi Christian,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have everyone entered already, and the invoices are ready to be paid. Is there any way to pay the invoices and getting them entered into the new membership level (using paypal single of course), without having to delete all 48 users and manually re-entering them?

Did check with the developer regarding this, and I'm afraid, there isn't easy workaround to switch from PayPal Standard Gateway to Single Gateway, the way how the gateways works, it'll require an authorisation from the members side to establish a payment.

Can I simply create a new membership level and assign the members we've already entered to the new level? Will that generate new invoices so we can get the payments processed?

This would works, until the payment part, ie the members will have to manually initiate a payment from their side.

That's you'll have to 1st make sure to create an invoice for the already existing member for the new membership, under Membership 2 > Billing.

Then, make sure to create invoice with the status of "Billed", and with all necessary details:

Once done, the members will notice an invoice section in the /account page, via which they could make a payment.

Once it's paid, you'll have to manually mark the invoice the invoice status to "Paid", under Membership 2 > Billing for the respective invoice.

Please do note that, this method will only work since it's a one time payment. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further query.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.