Membership 2 Pro PayPal error

Out of nowhere, it started yesterday that the simple PayPal gateway stopped working. It shows a generic error and we changed nothing on the website.
"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."
I'm not sure if it's Membership 2 issue or PayPal issue.
This is my version of the plugin now: membership-2-pro-1.1.2-hotfix-1

• TINT.
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

UPDATE:

I just tried to implement your Beta Version of Membership, but it didn't install right. The files seem also very small to me.

I also checked to reinstall the hotfix version of membership and the PayPal Error still remains.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello TINT.,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This error message, unfortunately, is very generic and doesn't point to any specific problem. It might be caused by a number of reasons (known and unknown yet) starting from SSL validity/configuration on the site, through some conflict with other plugins (those can start happening "out of the blue" e.g after some updates) up to issues on PayPal's end (usually temporary).

I checked your site and I think SSL wouldn't be a problem here, the configuration looks fine as well. I'm wondering, however, about that Membership 1-1.2-hotfix version that you are using. That'd be some "custom" version including some fix - what is it supposed to fix then?

Could you also try with just an official, stable release of Membership 2 Pro instead? You can download it from here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/980897975_membership2-pro-1.1.2.zip

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest running a full conflict test by disabling all the plugin (except Membership 2 Pro) and switching the site to Twenty Seventeen theme and checking again if the issue still happens. If not, start enabling theme and plugins back one by one, each time checking for an issue and this should reveal the main culprit which we could then investigate in details.

If that doesn't help either, I think you might want to reach out to PayPal to ask them if they could tell you a bit more of what might be happening wrong in a PayPal <-> your site communication from their perspective. That could actually be very helpful if they were able to point you to some specific errors/issues as they see them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.