[Membership 2 Pro] Protected menus in MP2 not displaying correctly

I have been working to protect my menus in my membership site. I originally was trying to use the add on and replace individual menus but couldn't get that to work with the 3 menus I am using. So I switched to protect individual menu items, set up the rules and now the header menus for logged in users display all pages in my site. The footers do not display at all. The side bar menu displays as it should.

I just came across this in my error log, not sure if it has to do with replacing the entire menu or individual items:

[12-Nov-2018 06:14:10 UTC] **************************** REQUEST START ****************************
[12-Nov-2018 06:14:10 UTC] ***** URL: I deleted the URL
[12-Nov-2018 06:14:10 UTC] MS_Helper_Utility[37]: WARNING: MS_Helper_Utility::array_intersect_assoc_deep() - Both params need to be of same type (array or string).
In I deleted the URL/wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/helper/class-ms-helper-utility.php on line 37

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Eric Johnson

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to check your site but it seems that the support access has either just expired or something went wrong while enabling it. Could you please go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and grant it again for me?

If it's showing that access is still active, please revoke it and grant again.

It would also be great if you could tell me a bit more about which menu items should be protected and by which memberships so I'd be sure that I'm checking "right things".

Let me know, please, and I'll then access the site and check the case.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Eric Johnson

Hi Adam,

I'm doing well, just a little frustrated...lol

I revoked and enabled support access again.

I have five membership levels:
    1. Guest
    2. Fitness Foundations
    3. Fitness Results
    4. Fitness Solutions
    5. Personal Fitness Coaching

Here is a link to a file that has pics of all the menu item protections:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n9Qa0nFd6ZzT6LKR2krZl16EEvyN2E1l

Please let me know if that works for you.

Also let me know if there is a better way to change these menus for each member level.

Thank you,
    Eric

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Eric,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your setup and from what I see you're trying to use more of a menu replacement setup but have selected single item protection.
    When using Single item menu protection there's no need to have multiple menus, instead, you should have one menu with all the items and then protect the items you want to show for which members.
    If you're going for single item protection you should put all your items in same menu, for example have Visitor and Member item, add them both to your primary menu and then which membership will have access to what, like this:

If you go with the Replace individual menus you will need to configure this differently.
    In this case you will need two menus, one for Members and one for Visitors.
    Select Visitors menu to be primary menu and that's what will show for visitors.
    Now in menu protection select your membership for your visitor menu and set it to be replaced with Members menu, it would look like this:

With this setup your Visitors will see Visitor (primary) menu, but when logged in the menu will be replaced with the Membership menu.

Hope this clears things up and let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.