[Membership 2 Pro] Protecting a group

Hi,

I've created groups of content in Upfront which I would like to protect with Membership 2. I Know I can use the shortcode [ms-protect-content id="membership-id"][/ms-protect-content] to protect content within these shortcodes, but I can't figure out how to get a group of content protected.

The reason I want this is because I would like to hide certain content for certain users.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Julius

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Julius Huitema

Hope all is well!

I've created groups of content in Upfront which I would like to protect with Membership 2.

If this Group of content are pages and posts, please protect them from Membership 2 > Protections Rules > Post or Membership 2 > Protections Rules > Pages.

Click on Modify Access to assign Membership. Please see the screenshot:

If under a group of content you mean a different type of content, please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so we could have a closer look.

Let us know when you do!

Kind regards,

Nastia

• Julius Huitema
    • Unusual

Hi Nastia,

Thank you for replying. The pages are already protected by Membership 2. What I want is that the groups, in this case they are links, are not visible for users that are not allowed to visit the pages behind the links (groups).

I’ve added a screenshot of the page to show you what I mean with the groups being links.

This page is /afdelingen-en-taken/.

I’ve opened the support.

Thank you for looking into this.

Regards,

Julius

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Julius Huitema,

hope you’re doing good today and don’t mind me chip in here! :slight_smile:

I’m afraid there’s no workaround for protecting Upfront Groups as you can only use the [ms-protect-content] shortcode only within a Text element in Upfront.

For doing so, you should insert your protected content in this Text element. This can also be another shortcode, so you can create any custom content you want, by creating a simple shortcode and using some custom code.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Shortcode_API

https://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/06/how-to-create-your-own-wordpress-shortcodes/

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.