Membership 2 Pro: Recurring Membership Payment Gateways & Automated Email Notifications

I have recurring memberships that use Stripe Single and Subscription payment gateways. My understanding is that if a user chooses the single payment gateway, they are required to go to the "membership list" page to manually renew. If a user chooses the subscription gateway, they would need to visit the "membership list" page to manually cancel their renewal.

Assuming I'm understanding that correctly, I would like to assign automated email notifications that are contextually specific to those payment methods, reminding subscription users that their account is going to be charged and how to cancel, and single payment users that their membership is going to expire, and how to renew.

Which automated email notifications would I need to activate to satisfy these two payment scenarios? thanks in advance.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Luke, hope you had a wonderful day.

I would like to assign automated email notifications that ... ... ... their membership is going to expire, and how to renew.

Well, for doing that, you need to enable "Additional Automated Messages" add-on from "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Add-ons" section. Then go to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses" section and select "Subscriptions - Before expires" and load that template. There you can write your desired content. But I'm afraid, you can't add payment details and other specific things on that email.

This sounds to be a nice feature. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Luke,

First one sends email a predefined number of days before the membership finishes. So for example - when subscription is not recurring, there is access for period of time, so when its before expiration message will be sent.

Second one is useful when you have recurring subscription - so before each payment date email will be send.

I hope this answer your questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Aaron
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok. so I can use the "Payments - Before Due" notification specifically for the stripe subscriptions gateway users and the "Subscriptions - Before expires" would go to members who signed up to either subscriptions or single payment gateway. Single payers get one email, Subscribers get two. If that's the case, I could provide a more general "Subscriptions - Before expires" email and the "Payments - Before Due" would be specific to the subscription users. Am I missing something?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Luke, hope you had a wonderful day.

I think you are right and not missing anything. Your plan seems to be perfect.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion or if you face any issue. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.