Membership 2 Pro - Registration Flow

Hi. I have a free registration option for Membership 2 Pro. There are no paid options.

After the user registers they are taken to another form that requires them to click a "signup" button to finish their registration. They then receive another confirmation message. Is it possible to remove that page that requires them to click the signup button?

See http://screencast.com/t/k8rKcAWHe4

Ideally, I would like to have the user confirm their email address by clicking a link in the email that is sent to them. Is that possible?

Thanks.
-Sondeep

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @sondeep

If you only have one membership, make that one the Default membership so user don't have to select anything

Ideally, I would like to have the user confirm their email address by clicking a link in the email that is sent to them.

The Membership plugin actually prevents that email from even being generated. So that would need some custom editing of the plugin I'm afraid.

• Sondeep
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When I create a single default membership it "seems" to work. However, the page they go to after registering says:

"We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details."

Furthermore, when that user tries to access the protected content, they get a message saying "The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry."

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Sondeep

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

"We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details."

What registration form you are using for registration ? Default membership one ?

Furthermore, when that user tries to access the protected content, they get a message saying "The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry."

I created a test user (wpmutest) on your website, login with test user and can see the protected page (only page in this default membership) people2 that is in default membership. Let me know if its still not working for you and what page exactly you are trying to access that brings that message.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Sondeep

I hope you had a great weekend!

I see I really didn't think this through at all. You have my apologies.

I believe you are trying to set up a simple members-only site wherein some content is available only to registered members, and you want the process to be as automatic as possible, without requiring the user to even select a membership. But you also want them to confirm their email address. Is that correct?

If that is what you want, then it is actually quite simple to do:

- Set up only the Default membership on your site, and assign the content you want members to be able to access to that membership. The default membership is dynamically assigned to any logged-in user who hasn't subscribed to any other membership. As you don't have any others, it will be assigned automatically to all members.

- To bypass the page with the Subscribe button and get your new signups to confirm their email address, add a 301 redirect to your htaccess file to redirect from your /register page to your /wp-login.php page, like so:
    Redirect 301 /register/ http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Now whenever a user clicks any link to your /register page anywhere on your site, they will be taken automatically to the simple little form on wp-login.php where they enter only a username and their email. They will then receive an email with their temporary password. Logging in with that password would effectively confirm their email address. :slight_smile:

You could also enable the Additional Automated Messages addon in M2 to create a series of emails to welcome new users and inform them of features of your site, as well as a prompt to change their password to something they can remember.

Would that work for you?

• Sondeep
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Patrick. Yes, that seems like it would work well.

Since, my initial post I have realized that any registration method or plugin that satisfies the default membership will work as well.

The only thing wrong with the wordpress default membership is it creates an extra step for users to change their password to something memorable. Can you recommend any registration plugins that allow users to choose their password and also confirms the email address they supply?

I did a search through the wpmudev.org plugins and there doesn't seem to be any registration plugins.

Take care
    -Sondeep

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.