Membership 2 Pro registration not working with gravity forms

I have installed the Membership 2 Pro on my multisite. I wanted to use my gravityforms registration since I have it linked to create specific user roles and specific Mailchimp accounts. I have currently only activated it on the main domain icanapply.com. When I activated the plugin it created the pages which caused a conflict with the original registration I had. I am willing to use Buddypress as an alternative if there is a way to allow users to sign up for their specific accounts, for example "student", "tutor", etc.

I have added the following code to the Themes functions.php according to another post ( I am not sure what the "10, 4" refers to in the code:
add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

add_action( 'gform_user_registered', 'pi_gravity_registration_autologin', 10, 4 );
/**
* Auto login after registration.
*/
function pi_gravity_registration_autologin( $user_id, $user_config, $entry, $password ) {
$user = get_userdata( $user_id );
$user_login = $user->user_login;
$user_password = $password;

wp_signon( array(
'user_login' => $user_login,
'user_password' => $user_password,
'remember' => false
) );
}

I can manually add memberships. If the user tries, once they are logged in using gravity forms registration, the following error comes up: "You do not have sufficient previlliege to edit this post" This was not something I created and it is spelled incorrectly.

I will grant access to access to WPMUDEV via my dashboard if you want to take a look.