Membership 2 pro registration page not allowing blog signup

How can I back the 'gimmie a site' on the Membership 2 pro registration page? It seems to only let users signup for user accounts? Thanks!

• Luís

Hi @Joe,

I hope had been good today!

It 's something that is no possible to do using Membership 2 Pro registration page.

To allow blog sign up only, you can use (site.com/wp-signup.php) that should be the blog sign up page by default. Or could use BuddyPress registration, which would support blog sign up too.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Joe

Luis thank you for the response. So, would you say the best play is to register first (via WP standard or BP registration page) and then have user choose membership? And if so, is there a way to code the registration with data of membership preference? Essentially having the standard register process takeplace but with special field added which then automatically triggers membership 2 signup. In this scenario what field does membership want to see? And where in the membership 2 code do I pass that data? (And lastly..if all this is possible..how cool would it be to have you guys post it all here!) Thanks!!!!

• Luís

Hi @Joe,

But what is the intention to do this?

When a user registers using Membership Pro 2 registration process, sign up automatically in the blog.

1) You don't want to use the Membership Pro 2 registration process?

2) You want to customize the registration form?

3) You want give to users an option to choose with Membership or a simple Blog sign up?

Let me understand the goal, in order to help you better.

Cheers, Luís

• Joe

Luis, as I read through this again maybe I'm not understanding what you mean with regards to the membership 2 registration. Are you saying that in fact membership 2 registration does allow for blog creation? If so, I would just use that then. If it only allows for user accounts to be registered then I need to use something else to register users so they still have a choice of blog creation or just username accounts. But still they also need choose their membership type. I would like to make user decide membership type during initial blog signup. Thanks!

• Luís

Hi @Joe,

To do something like Sajid showed, i.e. display a list of all memberships and then register using Buddypress registration page.

1) Disable the Membership 2 Pro registration in Membership 2 -> Settings, "Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation" section, disable "Registration". This process will make disappear the registration page from the Main Menu.

2) Go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and enable BuddyPress Integration add-on. After that, click in "details" of this add-on and enable Use "BuddyPress Registration".

3) Create a page to show a list of all memberships and paste the following shortcode:

[ms-membership-signup]

After that, you can show first the list of all available memberships and after that, register your users and allow them create a site.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Joe

Luis, man I wish I had good news but things still not right. Everything seems right with regards to first seeing member list, choose 1 membership, hit the membership sign up, this takes me to BP reg form, I check box to 'create site'... Issue is right here. I immediately get logged in with an email verification. Is this the way membership works? The email to verify my registration for creation of account never gets sent (so site never gets created). Yet, user is created AND membership is established (so that all works) but just no site created.

I've tried various setup of the membership 2 registration process and all of them seem to skip email verification. Let's say we forget the buddypress addon and strip things down to basic:

How do I use standard WP registration (which gives me choice of 'just username' or 'gimmie a site') and put membership choice in front of this.

1. user wants to sign up
    2. he clicks 'join us!' page (I assume this would be where [ms-membership-signup] is located)
    3. he see list of memberships and picks one (this is where I need link to the standard WP register)
    4. he sees standard WP reg form
    5. he chooses 'gimmie a site'
    6. he gets page that says 'your site is almost ready..verify your email'
    7. he verifies and logs in.
    8. we all smile!

Thanks

• Luís

Hi @Joe,

We were trying a "out of the box" solution in order that, I think, Membership 2 Pro never been designed to work with create a site registration.

If you are using a Standard Membership any new users will automatically to that level on sign up.

You can use WordPress registration form to give to users the create a site option, but can't choose a Membership level at that moment.

However, I think that was a good feature, so I will moved this over to our Features and Feedback, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates. Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.