[Membership 2 Pro] Stripe Payment Gateway for multiple plugins

Team WPMU,
I have a site that wants a membership area (using Membership 2) and a storefront (MarketPress) and he wants to use Stripe exclusively for payment. How can I use these two plugins on one site with a single payment system?

• James Morris

Hello jetmac

It would be helpful to know what specific issues you are experiencing with using both these plugins with Stripe. Since Stripe supports multiple webhook URLs and each plugin's payment gateway module is independent from the other, they *should* work fine. But, if this is not the case for you, we will be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Can you provide us with some specific cases where this is not working? Do you have a site where this isn't working where we can perform some debugging? If so, would you please grant us Support Access?

Best regards,

James Morris

• jetmac

OK, here's the deal:

Membership 2 Pro uses a Stripe Subscription option, with an API (secret key and publishable key). MarketPress also allows for Stripe, though presumably only as a single payment, and it also is via API asking for secret and publishable keys.

How does the user do this? Can you use the same set of keys for both (because that doesn't appear to be working)? If they need separate keys, how do they do that? Do they need to set up separate accounts in their Stripe Dashboard, one for each payment method?

Also, he would like to have a "donation" option for his site via Gravity Forms - will that use the same Stripe API keys? Same account? Or will it need a third account to allow for this?

This is the issue. I can't see any documentation anywhere on how to have different Stripe accepting plugins on a single site. It is a very frustrating and confusing, as well as very difficult to test as you have to run a charge every time to see if you make it all the way to the Stripe gateway.

• jetmac

By the way, this is exactly why I think WPMU plugins should have a single financial backbone. If all a client had to do was enter in payment credentials one time and all WPMU plugins could access it (M2P for memberships, CoursePress for classes, Forminator for donations, MarketPress for storefront, etc) I wouldn't be struggling with this - no one would, actually. Ever.

Instead, I'm on month 4 for trying to get these plugins to accept money.

• James Morris

Hello jetmac

Can you use the same set of keys for both

Yes, you would use the same set of API keys for both. For Membership 2 Pro, you will need to register the Webhook URL in Stripe if you are using the Stripe Subscriptions Gateway (recurring payments). This is not necessary for the Stripe Single Gateway (one-time payments). For MarketPress, you do not need to register a Webhook URL in Stripe.

I just setup a quick test of these two plugins using the same API credentials (test mode) and ran through a transaction in each. Here are the results.

Stripe Logs:
    https://i.imgur.com/QGTMrRO.png

Membership 2 Pro transaction:
    https://i.imgur.com/fhmAboZ.png

MarketPress transaction:
    https://i.imgur.com/HUgyNqL.png

As you can see by the above screenshots, everything completed successfully.

If you wish, I will be more than happy to login to a site where you have these 2 plugins installed and setup the Stripe gateway with my test API keys and run through some transactions to see if all is working correctly on your site. Just enable Support Access and ping me back here and I'll take a look. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.