Membership 2 pro subscription

My profile field addon is active but there are only pre imposted field, how can I set my custom user field? Like profession, region ecc

How can i manage if to accept or deny a user registration request?

I have a site with doctors associations, they must subscrive a plan and pay anual fee.

In addiotion i need to know if witb your plugin for poll i can manage the annual vote for President.

Thank you very much
Claudio

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Claudio,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

My profile field addon is active but there are only pre imposted field, how can I set my custom user field? Like profession, region ecc

The "profile fields" add-on doesn't let you create any additional fields but it allows you to choose from existing fields and select which of them should be used on registration form. That is most often used together with BuddyPress plugin and its X-profile (Extended Profile) fields feature.

With BuddyPress X-profile fields (that's BuddyPress build-in feature) you can create as many additional fields of different type as you wish. Then using the "Profile Fields" add-on you may select which of these fields should be used and/or required on a registration form (other fields would only be available on user's profile pages). BuddyPress also includes a lot of other nice feature directed towards "community building" so I think it may be a handy solution for you. Take a look here please:

https://bbpress.org/

How can i manage if to accept or deny a user registration request?

Nor Membership 2 Pro neither WordPress itself include such feature by default. It is however easy to achieve with a free plugin such as this one:

https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/

I have a site with doctors associations, they must subscrive a plan and pay anual fee.

The Membership 2 Pro plugin would handle it as it is one of its core and main features :slight_smile:

In addiotion i need to know if witb your plugin for poll i can manage the annual vote for President.

We don't have such plugin. I think you might be referring to the "Post Voting" plugin of ours though: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-voting-plugin/

That plugin was designed to let readers rate/vote for posts but that's quite different than polls and I wouldn't use it for any voting of such an importance. I think it would be best to go for a specialized plugin or even an external SAAS solution for this. Some "poll" plugins that may be worth checking you will find here:

https://torquemag.io/2016/01/5-free-wordpress-poll-plugins/

If you have additional questions, let me know please :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Claudio

Thank you Adam,

So i can use bbpress with membership 2pro, but if I have this two plugin in main site of a multisite, how can i manage the subscribers in son site?
    Can i set bbpress in main site and membership pro in main and others (active in network) and use user sync? Or there is an automatic propagation?

And a user that is logged in a site of multisite keep his logged in if he go on an other network site?

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Claudio!

I was referring to the BuddyPress, not a bbPress plugin, so it's important to note that difference as these are two different plugins :slight_smile: That's just to avoid any confusion in future :slight_smile:

As for your questions.

The BuddyPress pluing on Multisite works as a "central hub". It cannot be activated on multiple (sub)sites but only network enabled and you set it up via the main site's dashboard. However, any user that registers on any sub-site will have his/her profile in BuddyPress automatically created and will be able to manage his/her profile. That's an "out of the box" feature.

Then there the Membership 2 Pro plugin. It works well with BuddyPress. On Multisite however it can work in two modes: either a "default" mode or a "network-wide" mode. It's suggested to decide about it at the very beginning because changing that mode later would mean that Memebership 2 Pro would have to be fully re-configured.

The "default" mode is that Membership 2 Pro keeps separate settings on a main site and on each of sub-sites where it's enabled. There'd be separate memberships and separate protection rules there and a user that signup for a membership on one of the sites will not be a member of any membership on any of the other sites automatically.

In "network wide" mode there's no "per-site" memberships and protection rules and everything is managed from a central place, meaning that all the memberships are are applied to all the sub-sites and protection rules can be managed from a single place for all sites in the network.

However, none of the above means that the user that registered or one sub-site will automatically be a user of all other sub-sites. WP Multisite doesn't work that way. The "User Sync" plugin will not help here as well as it's not compatible with Multisite installs and will not work with it.

A "semi-automated" solution to "propagate" user across multiple sites of the network may be this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

It's quite old but it should still work quite well. Another solution is this one:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

It's not "automated" but it eliminates the need to register on each sub-site separately as a user that already is a user of any of the sub-sites in the network only need to click a single button to automatically become a user of other sub-site.

And a user that is logged in a site of multisite keep his logged in if he go on an other network site?

In a default Multisite setup if a user registers on any site of the network, he/she becomes the user of that site. If he/she goes to another site he/she should still be logged in and even though he/she is not a registered user of that site, he/she should be automatically given capabilities equal to a regular "subscriber-role" user. The bottom line is: yes, user should be logged in unless there's some additional factor (e.g. some security plugin or a mapped domain etc) that affects that.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Claudio

Dear Adam,

for network wide I must add only this in wp-config? define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true ); ?? right?

Before you wrote that buddypress is an hub and work fine in multisite anche with memebership 2 pro with wide network mode I can have the management of all user in network.

After you wrote that

However, none of the above means that the user that registered or one sub-site will automatically be a user of all other sub-sites. WP Multisite doesn't work that way. The "User Sync" plugin will not help here as well as it's not compatible with Multisite installs and will not work with it.

Is this a misunderstanding? If I have a user that ask a registration in main site of the multisite with buddypress and membership pro, He can use his user and password to access to all network site?
    Otherwise how do buddy and membership can work?

Or they worl only if I add manually each user in each networksite, manually or with https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/ ??

Thank you very much,
    Claudio

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Claudio!

for network wide I must add only this in wp-config? define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true ); ?? right?

Yes, if you wish Membership 2 Pro to work "network-wide" you need to add this line to the "wp-config.php" file before network enabling the plugin.

Before you wrote that buddypress is an hub and work fine in multisite anche with memebership 2 pro with wide network mode I can have the management of all user in network. (....)

It's not a misunderstanding however I can see how confusing that may be. Let me try to explain it then.

When a user registers on Multisite he/she becomes a user of the (sub)site he/she signed up on. You will only see that user on user list of that site. With a standard Multisite install that user will however be able to access other sites like he/she was a "subscriber role" user. That's however kind of a "virtual role". Apart from the (sub)site on which the user has registered, it doesn't give that user any capabilities/privileges on other sites.

That is, until that user signs up for that other site.

The BuddyPress plugin doesn't change that. All users from all sub-sites will be able to access their profiles there and use BuddyPress featurs but that's that, nothing more.

Then there's Membership 2 Pro. This plugin is for managing access to the content rather than managing user accounts. That fact that it's set to a "network wide" mode means that you will be able to manage content protection for entire network from one place. User however will still need to register on each site he/she wants to get access to that protected content. .

Here the "Join my multisite" plugin can be helpful because instead of filling up the form again for each sub-site user may simply click a button and be "automatically" registered. If he/she already a member of one of the Membership 2 Pro memberships, he/she will also automatically get access to the content protected with that membership on both sites - the one he/she initially registered and the one he/she had just joined.

I'm not sure if that is clear but I hope you get the idea. It's somewhat complex and may be confusing.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Claudio!

I just noticed that accidentally I skipped the last paragraph of what I was about to post, I'm sorry for this.

To sum up what I wrote above:

1. BuddyPress will give users "central profile" and will let you create additional fields to be used in Membership 2 Pro registration form
    2. If you set Membership 2 Pro in "network wide" mode it will let you manage content all across the network from one place and use the same memberships across the network so users will not need to sign up for separate memberships; neither BuddyPress nor Membership 2 Pro will "synchronize" user accounts across entire network and users will still need to register for each site separately to take full advantage of memberships
    3. The Join My Multisite plugin greatly simplifies that procedure, making it essentially seamless and easy as "1 click".

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.