[Membership 2 Pro] update membership

Hi
I found naother issue in membership 2 pro plugin, I'm sure this should not be the correct planned feature, it is a bug. Let me explain this

Let's say we have two memberships, Membership A without trial period and Memberhsip B with trial period. Both are recurring type.

So if user select the Membership A and do the payment and after 2 days user have to update his memebrship to Membership B.
He is able to change the membership, but the bad thing is, the user is getting trial period of the second membership which he should not.

Same issue you can try by having both the memberships with trial period.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jing

I hope you're well today and thank you for your message.

The trial period is set/calculated "per membership" so signing up/switching to a membership that has a trial period set will always cause that trial to be applied.

I do, however, see your point and I believe we might have something similar already reported but I'll need to do a bit more testing on that. I'll update you here as soon as I'm done with testing.

Meanwhile, could you please tell me a few things:

1. Do you have a "Multiple Memberships" add-on enabled on your setup or not? With that add-on a single user can be a member of multiple memberships at once but without it user would be only allowed to change membership.

2. Sticking to example "Membership A" and "Membership B" - what are "upgrade paths" for both of these memberships? You can see how it's set in "Upgrade paths" section when you're editing a given membership.

Let me know about these two aspects please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jing

Hi , Thanks For Reply,

1. Do you have a "Multiple Memberships" add-on enabled on your setup or not? With that add-on a single user can be a member of multiple memberships at once but without it user would be only allowed to change membership.

->No we don't have a "Multiple Memberships" add-on enabled" . we don't allow to two membership at a time . we only allow only one membership at a time . but user can update his membership

2. Sticking to example "Membership A" and "Membership B" - what are "upgrade paths" for both of these memberships? You can see how it's set in "Upgrade paths" section when you're editing a given membership.
    ->here we have not change anything here is by default path which plugin provide
    and it is possible if user have a paid membership we don't allow trail membership form we show
    only paid membership form...?
    Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jing

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm how it works in that case and changing that would require some customization.

I did, however, noticed that you have started another ticket about this meanwhile. Since my colleague Predrag has already forwarded the question to our developers to see if they could find a way to overcome this, let's please close this thread and stick to that other one (which is already forwarded to developers).

Please note: there's no need to start more tickets about that. Our developers will look into it and we'll let you know if (and if so - how) this can be solved here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/disable-trail-membership-2-pro

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.