membership 2 pro update ruined our process - can you help

the recent update for membership 2 pro has ruined our method of people joining the site and paying.

It took a lot of hard work to get right and I would be grateful for your help in correcting this.

when people join (what we want AND how it worked) previously was that:

1. it would ask them to click join now
2. the site would then ask you to sign up
3. you would then input your details to join such as username, name, email address, tick the terms and conditions, etc
4. this would then take them to a payment page which would offer them the chance to apply a discount code (it doesn't do this anymore)
5. when they click proceed/payment it would then trigger the stripe gateway link and then once they had completed payment take them to the membership welcome page. (it doesn't do this)
6. for 100% discount coupon users it should skip Skype and take them to the member welcome page.
7. in addition to this our old existing member log in page had a form on it for username and password. This has disappeared and been replaced with
"The content you are trying to access is only available to members."
how can we get the forms back on the page for people to log in when they are existing members?

this is urgent please

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about these issues you are having with the M2 updates.

Did you made any changes to plugin files prior to the update or you were using the plugin as is?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your setup and do some testing?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sean

hi guys

I can see you are looking at this - this does however highlight the problem

I have this morning received a notification of a new user registration. this I do not want. I do NOT want anyone to be able to register or join the site. I want people to either pay for a membership or they don't (or use a discount coupon I create)

the journey via pages I can show via email as this wont let me upload screenshots. if you send me an email I can email them over

as an example - below email received post upgrade of M2P relating to your work
    New user registration on your site My Legal Club:
    Username: dubajicp
    E-mail: dubajicp@outlook.com

This is an example of a user who joined our membership pre upgrade - when the site was working exactly how we wanted it:

Hi jasonXXXXXXXX,
    Thank you for registering with My Legal Club!
    Here are a few tips to help you get the most from our website.
    • Visit http://www.mylegalclub.co.uk and save it to your favourites or set it as your homepage. This is easily done by clicking the Tools button on your internet homepage and then click Internet options. On the General tab, under Home page, enter http://www.mylegalclub.co.uk to set as a home page. Click Apply, and then tap or click OK.
    • Start saving £’s each month by using you’re my Legal Club Reward Scheme. Sign in to My Legal Club and register for My Legal Club Reward Scheme. We would recommend using your email address as your username and the same password that you have used for your My Legal Club account.
    • Anytime you wish to purchase something check the My Legal Club Reward Scheme first to see how much money you could save!
    • If you, a friend or family member require a solicitor or legal advice remember the benefits members receive by accessing a solicitor via My Legal Club!
    If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us!

Kind Regards

My Legal Club Limited
    Website http://www.mylegalclub.co.uk
    Registered Office - Suite 419 Cotton Exchange Old Hall Street Liverpool L3 9LQ
    Company Number - 8328211
    Regulated by the Claims Management Regulation Unit - MOJ Authorisation Number CRM32086
    My Legal Club is a registered Trademark UK00002657924
    Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed in this email and its attachments are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MLC.
    Confidentiality: This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sean,

Thanks for granting access, I was doing some testing on your and my site simultaneously and can see what you are referring to.

I'm going to flag this thread for our developer to have a look at the issue with redirection after signup.

As for the Stripe issue, I tried registering new account on your site and after I applied the coupon I was not asked to pay for the account, so I'm not sure to what are you referring here, can you give me some more info regarding that part?

Can you try using .jpg or .png format for your images, you should be able to attach those.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sean

thanks Predrag

it is stalling my business can you confirm or suggest any idea of the timeframe for this to be resolved?

basically we don't want people to register as users/registrations we only want people who will become members and pay or those who wont.

pre update it worked perfectly in terms of the checkout process with and without coupon vouchers. with people with NO coupon voucher the completion process took them straight to stripe then straight to the welcome page once completed. with free membership vouchers it avoided stripe and registered them as a member and paid and took them to the welcome page and all features ran as expected.

We need to get back to that as this delay is costing us money

apologies but you can understand the urgency of this being resolved. any idea on the timeframe would be vital for us right now please.

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Sean,

Predrag notified me today about the registration issues on your site.
    I had a look and found the problem for the wrong workflow :smiley:

The bad news: We will not yet publish an update for this change alone; there are a few other issues we want to review before the next release.

The good news: It was very simple to fix the issue; as the change was save to apply I already updated the plugin code on your website via the Support Staff access. To check the workflow I created a new demo user and it now works correctly again: When the registration form is submitted the new user is taken directly to the payment page.

This is the change I made to the plugin:

Edit file "/plugins/membership/app/controller/class-ms-controller-frontend.php"

Change line 211

// Old/wrong code:
    if ( MS_Model_Member::is_logged_in() ) {

// New/fixed code:
    $step = $this->get_signup_step(); // Add this line and change condition below.
    if ( self::STEP_CHOOSE_MEMBERSHIP == $step && MS_Model_Member::is_logged_in() ) {

Let us know if everything is working as expected now. I'll mark this thread as resolved for now, but feel free to reopen in case we missed something!

Thanks for pointing out this issue! Philipp :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @pole915,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the troubles. I've already pinged @Philipp Stracker who gave you the fix here so he'll be notified of this once he gets back online. Hopefully, he'll be able to give you another advice on this.

I'd also like to ask you (just for future reference) to start new thread of your own in such case, even if the issue is strictly related to the original one. Of course linking to similar threads is always helpful. This way we'd be able to respond faster and in case an issue turns out to be site/setup specific, we'll be able to come up with a more precise diagnose. Thanks for understanding!

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.