[Membership 2 Pro] Upsell access to archive with MembershipPro

So, I'm creating this membership website where I do once a month a high-level direct marketing workshop for my members...

I'm selling the access to these marketing webinars for a monthly fee, + a lot of other stuff (split-test results, conversion improvement tips, etc).

Since I'm doing (and recording) one webinar per month, let's say someone join in 7 months... It means that when he's accessing, I will have done already 6 webinars... But since he got access on month 7, he'll get access to webinar #7, then #8, #9 etc. until he cancels.

My question is : how can I arrange things in MembershipPro so that :

a. my customer only get access to the current and following webinar, but not the previous ones (for exemple, if he joins in July, he'll get access to the July seminar and counting, but if he join in August, he won't have access to the July seminar).

b. I'm able to sell access to the archive (i.e. "all webinars prior to the moment of inscription":wink: to my members (so if he register in August BUT wants access to the webinar of MArch, April, etc he can unlock access to the archive).

I'm a bit confused on how to do that, because it's not exactly Dripped content, and I'd rather not have to modify all memberships access every 1st of each month...

Is there any way to do that with your powerful and amazing plugin ? And if not, any idea for a workaround (I know you guys are great for that as well) ?

Thanks A LOT for your insights !

DJ

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello DJExp

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

That's an interesting question, I admit, but I it wouldn't be possible "out of the box" with Membership 2 Pro. As you have already noticed, it's not quite a "regular dripped content" which is supported by the plugin.

Having that said, I think there might be a solution, though not out of the box. What I'd do would be actually setting a regular dripped membership and protecting your webinars with it, using "reveal On specific Date" option for each webinar.

This way, everyone who signs up for that membership would actually get access to the current webinar and also future webinars would be successively opened for that member over time (when they become available). So that would sort out the first goal: "get access to current and future webinars".

Then there's the other part to be handled, which is restricting access to the previous webinars from "before the member signed up". That is that tricky part that's not entirely handled out of the box.

The simplest solution here would be to do as follows:
    - create an additional "standard" membership
    - let's say you got webinar available for entire June - on Jul 1st go to "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules" and removed the "dripped" membership from that particular webinar and assign that "standard" one to it.

It's a "manual" work but doesn't involve coding.

The other option would require custom development and probably the simplest "code solution" would be to actually automate that exact process. The Membership 2 Pro includes an API (documented in plugin on "Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs" page) that can be used to assign/remove membership to/from content. So, I imagine that for for each webinar (I assume that it would suffice to select some sort of "main post") you could add some "custom field" that would include month and year. Then the code would periodically (on page load or based on cron, e.g. once a day) check those webinars against the value of that custom field, compare it with current month and year and based on that "shift" those memberships.

Such custom coding, however, would be a bit outside the scope of this support forum so in case you'd decide to go this way and needed help with coding, you may consider asking a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

But if you feel like coding it on your own and would need some additional tips/advice, don't hesitate to ask, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.