Membership 2 Pro User Activation Add-On

Not sure if this will be supported, but figured I'd ask.

We're using the Membership 2 Pro plugin for a client's new site, to restrict access to the forum (also using the WPMU Forum plugin).

I came across the following threads regarding "Approving Users" before they have access to the site. I've installed the add-on from the second thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/admin-approval-for-new-members-in-membership-2-pro#post-1093956

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/useractivation-haddon-strange-behaviour#post-1181399

What I'm curious about is if there is a way to only display/limit access to the Protected pages for that membership, rather than the entire site.

After a user registers, they are displayed the "Pending Membership" page/content, but are unable to access ANY page in the site. Seems like it would make more sense to only display that content/message on the Protected Pages.

I spent a while messing around with the code, but couldn't get it figured out.

Secondly, the primary navigation gets blown away on the "Pending membership" page/content, and all page titles on the page get replaced with "Pending membership" instead of just the page title (see the News post titles in the sidebar).

Again, don't know if this will be supported since it doesn't appear to be an official add-on, but thinking it may not be a challenging fix for someone who is familiar code and knows what they are doing.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello SynaVista,

It might be that this add-on is no longer working with latest changes in WP or it is how it was designed to work (I have to ask developer as this is not official add-on). However maybe for your purpose it would be better to use Invitation codes add-on?
    This way users wont be able to join membership without code and you will give it to them after approval. And then they will still have access to non-protected pages and access wont be blocked like with this add-on.
    Let me know.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.