[Membership 2 Pro] User name does not appear in Membership 2 Login Widget

The login widget in the header displays the username if the user is an admin. However, if the user is a registered member the username does not show.

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi Shirley!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I was checking this and seems that there are only paid memberships available on the site, so I am not able to test this as a regular member: I then noticed that the site is running an old version of WP and that there are also several plugins on the site that are out of date. So I would suggest that you start by creating a COMPLETE and UPDATED BACKUP of the entire site and then try updating everythign on the site (all plugins, WP itself and any installed theme(s) that could be out of date too, if any) and then check if the issue is still there after doing so.

If the issue persists after the updates, please try running a plugin/theme conflict test on the site to discard this to be caused by a plugin or the current theme. You can find information about how to run a conflict test here: Initial Troubleshooting
    Please, make sure you have the complete and updated backup of your site before running the conflict test.

If the issue persists after the updates and the conflict test returns no positive result, could you please grant support access to the site so we can take a closer look at this? This could be done via Dashboard - WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or by following this guide here: Enabling Support Access

We look forward to hear from you. Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Shirley

How are you today?

The problem is being caused when the user registers the account using the SingUp form, I created a new user using the WordPress dashboard and it showed fine.

This is why the Admin user is showing the name correctly.

I can see you updated all plugins and the issue persists, wouldn't you mind please, run a plugin/theme conflict test?

Remember, is important that you run this test in a staging site, if you can’t do it you must create a full backup.

Please deactivate all plug-ins just keep the reported one, and check if the problem is gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is creating the issue.

If you still having this issue, could you do a theme test, much the same as the plugin test, but now you’re testing themes!
    Activate one of the default WordPress themes, like Twenty Seventeen or Twenty Twenty Nineteen.

Here you will find more information: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Let me know the results that you get,
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.