Membership 2 Profile Fields add-on causing issues with registration

When Profile Fields add-on is enabled, users cannot sign up for the site, the registration page just reloads and nothing happen.
I've tried to deactivate all plugins, but it didn't help. However, when I'm deactivating the BuddyPress plugin and BuddyPress Integration add-on, the registration form giving the following error (but doesn't work anyway):
'Please ensure that the information is complete.`

• Ivan

Hi Martin !

But now look at the account page:

Yeah, it happens because BuddyPress creates their own separate user_metas for First Name and Last Name instead of using WP fields for that. You can also check this info on WP Dashboard-> Users -> Edit action for this User ->

There is no difference with M2 user details.

Assigning of usergroups doe snot work when "email verification" is activated.
    When I disable that addon it works fine.

It seems you should at first verify email and then the user will have a membership. Did you check it? Did you resolve this issue?

Best,
    Ivan.

• Martin

Hi Ivan

So what's the point of using Firstname/Lastname if Buddypress/MS2 does not overwrite the WP Fields?

It seems you should at first verify email and then the user will have a membership. Did you check it? Did you resolve this issue?

It does not make sense to me from a workflow perspective: When I say/offer: Sign up here for membership and user read through all offers, decides to create an account, then activates his/her email through verification and then has to pick a membership again?

Regards,

Martin

• Ivan

Hi Martin !

So what's the point of using Firstname/Lastname if Buddypress/MS2 does not overwrite the WP Fields?

If you want to have fields for WP First Name and WP Last Name on your registration form via MS2, you should select them on WP Dashboard -> Membership 2 -> Settings -> Profile fields

It does not make sense to me from a workflow perspective: When I say/offer: Sign up here for membership and user read through all offers, decides to create an account, then activates his/her email through verification and then has to pick a membership again?

When "email verification" is deactivated - at first, you select a membership, then input your Username, Email, Password and other stuff, submit it and it creates a new user but it still doesn't have a membership assign. And after that, you can see this message.

And only after this step a user has membership assign. However, if a member doesn't approve it - he or she will be just a subscriber.

On the other hand, when "email verification" is activated - after input registration fields we can't log in a new user and redirect him to that message. You could try adding the following snippet in a MU plugin for the redirect after verification email and login ( more info about MU plugins is here )

<?php
    function wpmu_change_redirect_after_verification_email( $redirect_to ) {
    	$redirect_to = esc_url_raw(
    		add_query_arg(
    			array(
    				'step' => MS_Controller_Frontend::STEP_PAYMENT_TABLE,
    				'membership_id' => 915,
    			),
    			MS_Model_Pages::get_page_url( MS_Model_Pages::MS_PAGE_REGISTER )
    		)
    	);
        return $redirect_to;
    }
    add_filter( 'ms_front_after_login_redirect', 'wpmu_change_redirect_after_verification_email' );

Note: 915 is your membership id.
    Note: if your user can select not only one membership - this solution won't be good, because it will redirect to one membership and it doesn't matter what users select in the first step.

Best,
    Ivan.

• Martin

Hi Ivan ,

thank you that seems to work.
      How can I modify that section when the user completes his/her registration and it says something like "Thank you for the registration, please check your email"? It's that page before use rgets activation email. Checked the Thank YOu Page but it's not in there

I want to add a couple of lines to check spam folder if not received within next 15 minutes etc, just some information.

Best,

Martin

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Martin

Hope you're fine!

There is no out of the box option to change this message in Membership 2 Pro plugin. But the simplest way to do this will be to use the following code:

<?php
    function wpmu_modify_registration_message () {
        return '...Your custom message goes here...';
    }
    add_filter('ms_controller_gateway_purchase_error_content', 'wpmu_modify_registration_message');

You can use this code as an MU plugin. To do this, go to the /wp-content/mu-plugins folder, create a PHP file with any name that you'd like and put the code in that file.

You will have to replace ...Your custom message goes here... with the text that you'd like to use instead of the default message.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.