Membership 2 Protection Rules not shows all memberships

On protection rules page of Membership 2, I can't select all memberships. Some of them are not visible at dropdown while selecting memberships. How can I solve this problem?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Wendy Lee,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and I see that even though all the memberships are visible in "Membership 2" protection "box" in post/page editor, only one is available on Protection Rules page.

I noticed that one of your memberships didn't have any name so I renamed it to "Inactive" (as it wasn't active) to make sure that this is not affecting the case (in theory, due to some other code on site, e.g. coming from other plugin or from theme, it could become "just invisible"). That didn't help so I also checked debug.log and php_error.log and I found a lot of db errors in the second one. I'm not sure if they are relevant and I'd like to check it.

I'd also like to check if membership data itself is properly stored in the database as well as check server-side caching options and settings.

That being said, I'd like to take a look at the cPanel if it's possible. You have already shared access to the site and FTP so that's fine and very useful. Could you, however, please also provide cPanel access? That would let me access the database and server configuration.

To do this, please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - cPanel login URL, username and password (cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Wendy!

I'm sorry I kept you waiting, it took a while to check and test everything.

As for that "double membersip". I can't see it on site (during registration), I'm not sure however if you managed to fix that or if it was me clearing the cache on server - I checked it after I cleared it. It doesn't seem to be there anymore though.

As for the initial issue. I checked site configuration again, reviewed all the logs that I could find on server via cPanel, checked essential files and also compared memberships' configuration tables in the database with "reference" from my test site (where it's all working). I have also checked CSS styles and looked for possible JS issues that could prevent those memberships from being shown there. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any.

That being said, I have asked our developers for help. I've forwarded the case to them (along with necessary access credentials) and they'll look into it. Please note, however, that they are dealing with lots of complex stuff so it might take a while for them to respond.

Please keep an eye on this thread and we'll keep you updated as soon as we get to know anything new about the case/solution.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Wendy!

Since you already got a ticket here open, let's please stick to it as opening new chats about the same issue won't help much and may lead to confusion on both sites.

I realize it's taking some time but the issue is more "tricky" than it seemed to be at "first look". I've checked a lot of things on site and server, including cache (see my previous post) and decided that we need some help from our developers with this.

I apologize for keeping you waiting and the trouble that you're experiencing because of the issue. I passed all the necessary information to them and I'm sure they'll be able to lend us a hand. However, please note that they are working on other complex issues as well as working on improving our plugins, bringing new features to them etc so it might take a bit longer for them to respond than it usually takes us here on forum.

Please keep track of this thread and we we'll update it as soon as possible (or you will just notice on site that the issue is gone).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello again Wendy Lee,

I got some good news for you!

Actually, 30 seconds after I published my previous message (above) I received message from one of the developers who checked it. The issue was in fact cache here but not the site or server cache this time but just a Membership 2 Pro internal "cache". That's a new feature that was brought to the plugin just recently but in some specific cases it, unfortunately, conflicts with site configuration so must be kept switched off.

I checked your site again to make sure that it's working fine now and I think it's fine. As long as you'll keep the "Speed up results" option on "Membership 2 -> Settings -> General" page switched off, it should be ok.

Just a note: before you start checking that, you might better clear browser cache first.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Wendy Lee,

I'm glad it's working for you now.

As for your other ticket, I assume you're referring to this one: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-pro-redirect-user-after-registration-to-original-protected-content#post-1295780

I'll ping Ivan of course but please respond to the ticket there letting him know about the issue too. The last message from you there is that it's working so as it changed, update the thread there.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.