Membership 2 - recurring payment issues

Hey Guys,
(again) i have a problem with the Membership 2 plugin.
It seems like that since September nearly all my recurring payments are failing. My users are paying for the membership but wont get activated on the website.
Their bills are marked as "billed" and it looks like to did not pay, but all their payments are on Paypal/Stripe.
Is it possible that this is because of the latest update?
I really cant see what is wrong this time and i really need your help because i cant activate all users by hand for the next billing month!

Best Regards,
Daniel

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

That is weird :disappointed:

There were some changes regarding payment gateways on latest version but we didn't replicate this issue.

I would really like to look closely on this, I have been checking my test site where I have been testing the Stripe Subscriptions Gateway and I see all invoices Paid ( also paid in Stripe dashboard )

I have set some memberships with PayPal to and waiting to see how it goes.

In the meanwhile could you please provide admin and ftp access so we can have a closer look there? Mostly I'm interested in the gaetways and would like to add some checkpoints to log some responses from gateways. These changes would not affect your site.

You can send access info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

Sincere apologies, this thread passed through my attention. Really sorry for missing this .

In my tests on my sandbox site I couldn't replicate this issue back then, I have started another test and waiting for results. On your site I see that invoices with PayPal standard gateway are marked as paid. Was their status changed manually?

I can't do any tests on your site since it is live. I will try replicate this on my site and will include developer in the test in case I am missing something.

Apologies again for such delay. I will keep you updated with results.

Kind regards!
    Panos

• Fuchsfabrik
    • Flash Drive

Hello Panos,
    of course I changed the status of the payment. Customers are paying and want to see the content!
    It is a little bit annoying, we are paying for this services you are not replying and the plugins are not working correctly..
    We will think about switching to other services and terminate our contract with you.

Best regards,
    Daniel

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

Sorry for all this delay and keeping you in the dark all this time :slight_frown:

Since your settings are correct with the correct IPN url in PayPal, we have reset the permalinks as there are no logs recorded. This would explain the issues you are having with payments currently.

I will make a test IPN reposnse once I re-set up a simulator today and see if the permalinks change will log the test payment.

I see you also have enabled Stripe. Could you please check that the webhook endpoint has been set correctly? In admin > Membership 2 > Einstellungen > Zahlart > Stripe Abonnements-Gateway you can see the correct url to insert in stripe webhook.

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

We were testing with Paul Kevin and after IPN simulation there were some new logs recorded as you can see here:
    http://your-site.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-billing&show=logs

So this is encouraging, the ermalink reset seems to have worked :slight_smile:

I am just wondering why some Stripe payments worked anyway.

It seems that only first payments were paid. The recurring ones probably didn't.

For example for user S.Kroeze I see there are 2 invoices here :
    http://your-site.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-billing&status=default&orderby&order&post_mime_type&detached&s=S.Kroeze
    First is created via Stripe on first payment, but second invoice seems to be created from Cron job, not from webhook. We can verify this cause the invoices have different id-s and if we check the logs again and search for the invoice ids you will see only the 5053 invoice id in the payment logs (log are here : https://www.get-imp.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-billing&show=logs)

Also the invoice 5264-2 is still marked as "Billed" instead of Paid.

Could you please check if you have received a payment for this user in Stripe? His account has been expired. You can set the Invoice to Paid and then activate his subscription again.

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Fuchsfabrik
    • Flash Drive

Hey,

Could you please check if you have received a payment for this user in Stripe? His account has been expired. You can set the Invoice to Paid and then activate his subscription again.

This user payed 2 times, I will reactivate him and I hope that the next payment will be recognized by the system.

Thanks and best regards,
    Daniel

• Fuchsfabrik
    • Flash Drive

Hey Panos,

again it's me and again a paying user did not get activated after his payment. This time it's the user "Manuel07" I think something with the invoice seems to be wrong. in the transaction logs there is the message

Response Error: Specified invoice does not exist: "4607"

and the same thing for the user "retscher" there it is

Response Error: Specified invoice does not exist: "2473"

I reactivated him because its not sustainable that the users are paying but are not able to access the platform.

For the rest of the users it seems everything is working.

I hope this time we can solve the problem my patience is nearly gone..

Thanks and best regards,
    Daniel

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear that there is an issue with these 2 members. I went through their payment and membership logs, but they don't seem consistent.

You can have a look at the Memberhip events log for Manuel07 here:
    yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2&step=news&membership_id=1647&orderby&order&post_mime_type&detached&s=Manuel07

Did these members subscribe to the membership using the plugin's checkout step? It seems that they cancelled/expired and then continued payment manually. If this is the case perhaps there should be a plan set up on PayPal for one or both of them.

Kind regards!

• Fuchsfabrik
    • Flash Drive

Hey Panos,
    thanks and Happy New Year!

Yes they both have an active Paypal subscription and signed up with the plugin! I know there was this Problem in September if you look in the first post of this thread. Since then strange things happen.

I really dont know what to do :thinking:

Best regards!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Fuchsfabrik ,

Still trying to figure how this happened.

Response Error: Specified invoice does not exist: "4607"

and

Response Error: Specified invoice does not exist: "2473"

This might have been the first invoices that Membership has assigned to PayPal plan for these members. For each payment, PayPal sends a request with the firs invoice of the subscription. Then Membership uses that invoice id to check next unpaid invoice.

These 2 invoices 4607 and 2473 seem to have been deleted from db. I did some queries and didn't find them.

For member Manuel07 the invoice with invoice_number = 1 is invoice 5531

The important piece I found is when doing a SELECT in the transaction logs in the db. The first transaction id is 4610. If you select the "post" meta for that post_id, it will return the response PayPal sent once payment was made on 11:12:41 Aug 20, 2017 PDT

That request contains [invoice] => 4607 which is the one that is not found. I need to note mention here that the invoices are not deleted by plugin. Even when selecting the "Remove" option it doesn't remove the invoices from db, it sets them a status "archived". Somehow these were deleted from db but not from plugin.

The above is for member Manuel. I suppose it should be similar for the other member.

One way would be to cancel their subscription so they can re-subscribe. Other way would be that we could give a try to re-create these deleted invoices. I will consult the developer and will keep you updated.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.