Membership 2 Settings Are Not Displaying

I am trying to configure Membership 2 using the setup guide here. When I get to step 3 (M2 Pages) I'm stuck. The setup guide says to navigate to Membership2 > Settings > General, but my setup only has "Set-up" and "Protection Rules" under Membership2 (see screenshot).
The site is on a local environment so I can't provide access to help troubleshoot unfortunately.
The only plugins installed on the site are WPMUDEV plugins - CoursePress Pro, Membership 2 Pro, and WPMU DEV Dashboard. The theme is CoursePress v1.0, and it is run on WP 4.2.4.
Am I missing a setting somewhere?

• Scott

In that case, I think part of the problem is I can't seem to complete setting up a membership.

Here is what I did after installing M2:

1. Clicked Membership 2 in the admin menu. This got me to the Create New Membership page in my original post's screenshot.
    2. Created a new Standard Membership and named it. Also checked the boxes to allow users to register for this membership, and for it to be a paid membership. Clicked Save and Continue.
    3. Got to the Set-up Protection Rules page for the membership I just created.
    4. Attempted to protect a Sample Page, by clicking the "Modify Access" link that pops up next to the "Everyone" in the Who Has Access column. Clicking this link did nothing - the page did not refresh, and no popup screen appears - I'm not sure if anything should happen when clicking on this or not as I have never made it past this point. Also, I placed a check in the box next to the page I wanted to protect, and used the bulk action to "Add: My Plan". This time the page seemed to refresh, but no change to the "Who Has Access" column.

There also are no other "save changes" or similar links/buttons on this page for me to finish setting up a membership. I have created three memberships at this point and got stuck at the same spot for all of them.

Finally, I tried to repeat the steps again, but this time selected Guest Membership in step 2 instead of a Standard Membership. After clicking Save and Continue it popped up a "Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation" window.

After I completed the steps on that popup, I had a few more options in the Membership 2 menu. I don't really know why I wasn't able to go any further with the first membership I attempted to create, since I was following the steps in the usage guide. I think it could use some clarification.

Could you let me know what I was doing wrong in my initial attempt, or is this how the plugin is designed to work?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

4. Attempted to protect a Sample Page, by clicking the "Modify Access" link that pops up next to the "Everyone" in the Who Has Access column. Clicking this link did nothing - the page did not refresh, and no popup screen appears - I'm not sure if anything should happen when clicking on this or not as I have never made it past this point.

It should display the drop down menu of memberships as shown in the attached screenshot which worked fine for me.

It seems you are facing some issue.

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Scott

I see what you are seeing in the screenshot now after setting up a Guest Membership first. However, I could not start off with a Standard Membership for some reason.

This was a fresh WP install with only WPMU dev plugins and themes installed (see original post for details). However, I did try deactivating the other plugins and switching themes as described in the link you provided, but still had the same outcome.

I wish I could provide access to the site, but it is hosted locally on my computer (WAMP server), so I'm afraid you won't be able to access the site.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.