Membership 2 upfront then recurring payment

Hi Team

I want to charge say $100 up front then $10 per month from then on. Is this possible with Stripe and Membership 2 Pro? If so, how?

Cheers

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @tom,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Membership 2 doesn't have an initial fee option.

What you can do as a workaround is to create one paid membership that will have finite access for specific number of days and then change to different membership of your choice after that period is over.

See screenshot attached for more info about setting this up.

Let us know if this will work for you or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers,

Bojan

• Todd
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Bojan,

I’m looking to do the same thing. Your screen shot here looks like it would work for me.

Membership 1 => $499 for finite access 1 month

Then After This Membership Ends, set to Membership 2.

If Membership 2 is set to be $99/month, will they automatically be charged when the membership changes from 1 to 2 and every month going forward?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Todd,

We have live chat support here https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ working 24/7 – so it will be quicker to ask question there (and this is closed old thread).

If Membership 2 is set to be $99/month, will they automatically be charged when the membership changes from 1 to 2 and every month going forward?

No, they will need to subscribe to that new Membership (complete payment) because there is no automatic change of subscription in payment gateways. But when they subscribe all next payments (recurring payments) will be handled automatically.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.