Membership 2 user membership upgrade issue

In Membership 2 (wp org) version 4.1.3, users are not automatically upgraded to other membership as configured. Can you guys please check this on your end and if you can confirm the issue, please fix this.

• James Morris

Hello Eran Heres

I hope you are well today.

In order to test this out for you properly, I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit more details than what was provided in chat.

From what I've read in your transcript, it sounds like your membership upgrade path goes like the following...

Bronze=>Silver after 1 day. Something like below...

And it sounds like you are using the Manual Gateway like below. Is that correct?

I will need a couple days to test this out to allow the system to run though the automatic process, but once you reply with more details, I'll be happy to dig into this further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Eran Heres

I've been able to confirm this with a simple setup:
    I have two sites, one running version 4.1.2, the other 4.1.3
    In both, I have membership testA that expires after one day and upgrades to testB.
    I've assigned testA to a user on both sites yesterday.
    Today, on the 4.1.2 site the user has successfully moved on to testB.
    However, on the 4.1.3 site, the user has stayed on testA.

Attached are the screenshots from both sites for that user.

• James Morris

Hello Eran Heres

Thank you for providing that additional information. It's quite helpful!

After speaking with the Lead Dev this may be related to a known issue with PayPal IPN. We have a hotfix available that should resolve this issue for you.

- Please download the attached file to your computer and unzip it
    - Login to your server via FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins/membership/app/gateway/paypalstandard
    - Rename class-ms-gateway-paypalstandard.php to backup.class-ms-gateway-paypalstandard.php
    - Upload the new class-ms-gateway-paypalstandard.php file to the server

Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you. And, as always, let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris