Membership 2.0 Help - Need Tutorials?

Hello,
I updated to Membership 2.0, but I'm very confused. I cannot find any guidance on how to set up the new plug-in version, and I don't even see it listed as a plugin on my WPMU Dashboard?!

I just need some guidance on the process, otherwise I will have to default to the old version. Right now, all of my content is completely unprotected.

Thank you,

Sarah

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Sarah, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

We've got a very full usage page over here that you can check out:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-usage

As for it not showing up inside of your Dashboard, I'd like to have a closer look at that. I tried logging in via the Support Access you granted, but I keep getting an invalid access token error when I do.

Could you please revoke & re-enable the Support Access to your site? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Sarah

Hi Michael,
    I reinstated the support access, but had to do a complete site restore last night. All of my content was not protected.

I'm excited about the changes you guys made, but honestly, I'm not sure I can risk our entire on-demand platform while I'm trying to figure this out.

The section on making content protected is not clear. When I updated to Membership 2, I had all of my different subscriptions at the top of the protected content page. From what I could tell, I would have to click on each subscription, and then one-by-one, add status protection to each page. I have 150+ pages, plus 7 different subscriptions. That is a ridiculous number of actions.

Am I missing something? Do you have a video that explains it?

Thank you,

Sarah

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Sarah, my apologies for the delay here!

From what I could tell, I would have to click on each subscription, and then one-by-one, add status protection to each page. I have 150+ pages, plus 7 different subscriptions. That is a ridiculous number of actions.

Am I missing something? Do you have a video that explains it?

This snippet from the usage page explains it the best:

M2 will import membership levels, subscription information/data, and member data from Membership.

However, M2 will not import shortcodes or content protection settings. So after upgrading, you will need to add in all your content protection settings for each membership level, and find and replace any Membership-generated shortcodes with M2 shortcodes.

Converting the way that the rules in Membership worked to the ones in Membership 2 presently work, would be akin to trying to convert an apple into an orange.

The change here does pose a challenge for those with large setups (such as yourself), which is why we make mention of the fact more than once that the rules aren't migrated, so that users have that advance knowledge. :slight_smile:

For what it's worth, I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael