Membership 3.0 Subscription Form Tweak?

On page 12/60 in the new online manual for the Membership Plugin (found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Membership-Docs-3027.pdf), how do I tweak the subscription form to be able to require a name field and an email address? As shown in the bottom of the page there are asterick denoting required fields. That is what I want to know how to change. Also, does the requirement get validated, i.e. via a valid email address and if not, how would I do that using this plugin or is that an option?

Thanks tons! Amber

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey.

how do I tweak the subscription form to be able to require a name field and an email address?

Email address is already required there.

If you use original Membership form, then it will use custom BuddyPress fields and you can make those required.

When using Pop up registration, its just a simplified popup form on the page.

I've attached a screenshot.

The settings are here:

Admin --> Membership --> Options --> Membership Pages - Tab

Take care.

• Ambermbaylor
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I appreciate the feedback. Yes I have the original membership form enabled, but I my question is, how/does the email address validated to avoid spam on the site? Now a user can self-register without any validation process (to my knowledge an email is NOT sent with a link that the user has to click to sign on and change their password).

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Confirmation emails really don't avoid spam. Check out my recent post here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wow-spams-alot

Look at the screenshot there to see how quick I had em coming in. That site was not running membership at the time. Its not even a production website, its just my playground to test things out.

They were creating accounts, confirming mails and creating sites so quick it was impossible to keep up.

I'm not the only one who gets this.

• Ambermbaylor
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy & Kimberly,

I am reopening the ticket because we found that the Membership plugin does not work with the basic wordpress registration (/wp-signup.php) & we need a way for users to become a member on the site. So we can have users go through the signup form and they show up under the "users" section but the users are not getting an email to confirm their membership. Also, after a user registers they are taken to a blank page that says "Register Today!" but is a blank page. Which page do I need to change to thank them for becoming a member?

Thanks! Amber

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I am reopening the ticket because we found that the Membership plugin does not work with the basic wordpress registration (/wp-signup.php) & we need a way for users to become a member on the site.

The Membership plugin as you maybe aware creates its own registration form for people to signup with, however you could still continue to use wp-signup.php if you wish. Whilst logged in they can then just select a membership and make payment.

Keep in mind though, wp-signup.php only registers them to the main site in a multisite. Their access to all subsites is a kinda puedo subscriber role.

So we can have users go through the signup form and they show up under the "users" section but the users are not getting an email to confirm their membership.

Membership doesn't send that user confirmation, but WordPress does. Is there a reason for needing that? If its some spam related thing, then having someone confirm an email doesn't really stop much as that is easy to get round.

Also, after a user registers they are taken to a blank page that says "Register Today!" but is a blank page. Which page do I need to change to thank them for becoming a member?

What errors are showing in your error_log file. If you are not sure where that is then please ask your host.

As for membership pages please refer to page 10 of the user manual Membership Pages that will detail the different pages which can be made in Membership.

Also, I have buddypress enabled in a subdirectory of this site. How using this plugin can I make the registered users on the site also members on the buddypress site?

Not sure I follow here?

So your BuddyPress install is on another WordPress website? As in another installation?

If so then you cannot register users on both sites.

Or its on a subsite on the main WordPress install where your Membership plugin is install?

If this is the case then they should share accounts and details, because they are both part of the same WordPress Multisite install.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ambermbaylor,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.