Membership 3.4.4 Beta

Hi all

It’s that time again :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone who helped us get version 3.4.3 out of the door a few weeks ago – it’s now time to move on to version 3.4.4

As well as fixing any issues that we missed in the last version, let’s see if we can get some of the most requested new functionality in this version as well. So feel free to post a link to a thread in the Feature suggestions and feedback forum in here, or start a new one so we can judge interest :slight_smile:

This top post will always have a download link to the latest beta.

Added in beta 2

– fixed feed key setting display on profile page

– fixed feed adding to standard feed links in theme

– fixed expired coupons still being applied to subscriptions

– added check for valid usernames and associated error message

– added check for valid email address and associated error message

– added first pass cron class to process members and move them through subscriptions without users needing to login

– added method to automatically speed up cron processing if there are a lot of members to get through :slight_smile:

– updated redirect to protected page to check if not already on that page

– initial set up of extra permissions so that users can be restricted to only have permissions that they need.

– fix for posts default rule warnings

– fix for posts default rule interfering with other post types

– removed some filters from the pages rule

– fixed categories negative rule

– added ability to prefix content in the membership powered pages rather than them overwrite any existing content.

Added in beta 3

– fix for coupons with no expiry date being seen as expired

– fix for new cron not loading all expired subscription information

– fix for coupons admin menu being hidden

– initial code to move url group processing *not complete yet but shouldn’t affect existing functionality

Added in beta 4

– bug fixes – a lot :slight_smile:

– added interface to allow permissions to be set for users to administer parts of membership

– fixed subscriptionbutton shortcode so that it can be used for custom designed registration pages

– fixed ssl issue causing a lot of links to be forced to be ssl on certain web hosts

– updates to css styling in the admin area and the front end forms

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Is there an active changelog somewhere so we can keep track of changes in the beta?

I’ll update the main thread with the fixes in each version, and post on the thread so that anyone subscribed to the thread will get an update.

First beta primarily makes some updates to the coupons area and fixes some issues found with expired / invalid coupons.

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

I would love to see marketpress debugging as a sub-plugin activated from the backend. Changing code somewhere doesnt seem to be working for me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-debugging-feature-request

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-issue-with-live-mode-550006-the-application-is-not-authorized-for-the-user

Also, seriously investigating if Stripes could do chained payments would be awesome – just in case ‘the other’ payment gateway is having issues.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-chained-payments-only-with-paypal

Lastly, it would be great if actual products could be tied to the logged in user’s geolocation from the buddypress wpmudev google maps plugin.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/one-map-to-rule-them-all

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wpmudev-google-maps-and-buddypress-profiles-small-requests

On the Cubepoints payment gateway mentioned above, it would be cool if people could use their credits to upgrade their Pro Sites status. Would this be handled by Pro Sites itself?

Thanks !

Johnny

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Definitely this forum post that we are talking on already regarding multiple subscriptions for members and positive access level fixes.

This is important for allowing advanced flexibile membership structures as described in the current live documentation

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multiple-subscriptions-for-members

If others understand the importance of what I am talking about, then voice it so that WPMU notice that I am not the only person here who needs this

Thanks,

Billy

• Suz
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@billy and @phillcoxon +1 for that functionality.

Also, what would be really useful was if in the Options>Membership Pages top section, if we could choose between having a plugin-generated signup page, and creating one ourselves with shortcode (yes, that is already there…:wink: BUT…with the choice of subscription form dropdown, to be able to differentiate between a system-generated form, or a custom form where we can put shortcodes around each subscription button and essentially hide advanced subscription levels from public users. ie:

[level 1]Thank you for signing up! You will receive tons of great stuff being a member! [level 2 subscription button][/level 1]

[level 2] As a special offer to our loyal members, we are offering this one-time-special series of educational courses JUST FOR YOU! Sign up now! [level 3 subscription button][/level 2]

Then the same customization can be done on the success page…essentially keeping advanced levels available only to the levels you want.

• amy_brown
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-344-beta#post-360174 this this this! PLLEEEEASE lol

this seriously hampers the functionality of our entire site by not allowing multiple subscription levels and we’ll have to move (yet again) to another system if it doesn’t come about soon. really hope not to have to do that. :slight_frown:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-344-beta#post-362308 I like this

I’d also like to see this:

your plugin for Mailchimp is very handy but I wish there was a way too to add people to specific segments of a mailing list, manually or automatically, within a membership

so if I have my Main Mailing List and there’s Plan 1, Plan 2, and Plan 3, then those in Plan 1 get added to the Plan 1 segment of Main Mailing List and so on

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

your plugin for Mailchimp is very handy but I wish there was a way too to add people to specific segments of a mailing list, manually or automatically, within a membership

so if I have my Main Mailing List and there’s Plan 1, Plan 2, and Plan 3, then those in Plan 1 get added to the Plan 1 segment of Main Mailing List and so on

Yes, you can use the pings functionality to add / move and remove members from mailing lists as they start / move through and leave subscriptions / levels.

• Suz
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi again! Okay, here is another feature request, based on Kate’s string here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/shortcodes-not-working-in-membership-plugin?replies=13#post-362491

In email marketing we are always tucking in the recipient’s name because it not only personalizes the message, but it brings them into the conversation more.

That would be awesome functionality to be able to pull various items from a user’s profile into a page and really personalize it for them.

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for being open to feedback @Barry!

I have one more request: I would like to have the signup process be shortcode and/or link driven so that I could place the “signup” button into a pricing table. The pricing tables generated from Membership are quite good OOTB; however, my theme comes with shortcodes that generate pricing tables with a consistent look and feel.

• aware
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

If you have your Protected Content set as the same page as your site home page you can inadvertently create a redirect of doom for your users that are not logged in because they will ultimately be redirect to the same page over and over again.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-32-registration-process

I made an edit to the plugin includes/default.rules.php within each of the rewrite methods (that I usually just reapply on updates) where I simply get the permalink of the protected content page and check it against the current page’s permalink and if they don’t match do the wp_safe_redirect() to the protected content page else do nothing because you’ve already been redirected to the protected content page.

It’d be great to get that built in so our version doesn’t become out of sync after updates.

• Ollie

@aware I have a similar problem with the protected content page also because I get non stop redirect loops whenever I visit Account / Protected / Signup / Subscriptions whilst being logged in on positive levels.

Asked for support few weeks ago on that matter… no replies or results since :slight_frown:

• AnaelWrites
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

Wonderful topic.

I +1 the request for members with multiple subscription levels

Also,

could you make a shortcode so that it’s possible to have login forms anywhere on the site (in widgets, posts, pages….) instead of having to send the user to the login page?

Also an option to make the wp-login.php into the default page of the site would be nice.

Thank you for the great work and the openness!

• amy_brown

@anaelwrites

+1 the login shortcode (in fact, make all of the essential registration/useage pages shortcodes would be nice so I could put them on one if I choose)

however until then, I use WP User Control and put the login in my sidebar on every page but the home page. hope that helps

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

could you make a shortcode so that it’s possible to have login forms anywhere on the site (in widgets, posts, pages….) instead of having to send the user to the login page?

Membership doesn’t have a login page / widget / shortcode because there are a *lot* of plugins available that already provide that functionality and that will work fine with the plugin.

TOS Integration please

TOS should already be integrated on the standard registration form.

• ronsmart

Full custom user fields support with require, hidden, admin only, do not allow edit or delete etc and shortcodes for displaying these forms and data.

Mailchimp segments as amy brown said above, can’t seem to get pings to work properly with mailchimp.

• amy_brown

I guess I’ll put it here since it’s the most active thread on the plugin, but there’s a problem I’m experiencing:

I have to add moderators as SUPER admins to the network for them to even see the membership page. No other role can see the section. :slight_frown:

I’m not comfortable with this at all because some people just do not have the experience or need to have access to everything within the network settings.

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hey thought I’d throw my 2 cents out there. We are currently having trouble with a bug as discussed here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-64#post-364695

But in addition to that I would love to see across the board discounts for members in market press, for example if you are a member at level a you get a 20% discount on all purchases in marketpress automatically, or if you are level b you get 5% off across the board, but level c you pay full price.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I’ll be uploading beta 2 tomorrow – I want to see if I can get a couple more things into this release, but this note is to let you know what I’ve completed so far:

– Fixed feed key setting display on profile page

– Fixed expired coupons still being applied to subscriptions

– added check for valid usernames and associated error message

– added check for valid email address and associated error message

– added first pass cron class to process members and move them through subscriptions without users needing to login

– added method to automatically speed up cron processing if there are a lot of members to get through :slight_smile:

– updated redirect to protected page to check if not already on that page

– initial set up of extra permissions so that users can be restricted to only have permissions that they need.

– Fix for posts default rule warnings

– Fix for posts default rule interfering with other post types

– removed some filters from the pages rule

– fixed categories negative rule

– added ability to prefix content in the membership powered pages rather than them overwrite any existing content.

Once I get one or two other bits done, which I’ll keep quiet about in case I don’t manage to finish them in time for this release, then I’ll upload and move this information to the top post of the thread.

If I haven’t / don’t manage to get your issue / feature in this release then don’t worry as I’ll be moving straight on to beta 3.

• ronsmart

One more feature lol Memberships can restrict the amount of blogs created at different levels but is it possible to have a blog setup automatically for the user at membership creation using the members username for the URL? Gravity forms user addon does this but I don’t think it will work with memberships. Any thoughts on this?

• MScott821

Don’t know if this has already been covered, but I have noted in 3.4.3.1 if you leave the expiration date for a coupon empty – i.e. – no expiration – when the user enters the code, it says that coupon has expired. It DOES apply the coupon, but you get the faulty error…

• DanniApp Support

Weird question about upgrading this plugin…

I downloaded the zip file listed in this post, but do I have to deactivate the current version first and then upload via WP Dashboard? Or just upload via Dashboard without deactivating?

Or do I just FTP the newer files to the Membership directory behind the scenes?

LOL sorry if my questions sound silly but I worry about losing my current settings. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Lynn

• JoAnn

I have been using the membership plugin for over two years, have had some challenges with it but basically love it.

I have been seeing a problem for a while and the last two updates have not fixed it.

I am using the Business Portfolio child theme with BuddyPress.

Periodically, without any rhyme or reason my members names in the forum show up as ‘deleted user’. In order to fix this I have to edit them in the membership all users area. When I go to edit them their nickname and user name areas are blank. When I fill them in and save it their name once again appears in the forums next to their avatar.

It is getting tiresome to have to keep doing this.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Periodically, without any rhyme or reason my members names in the forum show up as ‘deleted user’. In order to fix this I have to edit them in the membership all users area. When I go to edit them their nickname and user name areas are blank. When I fill them in and save it their name once again appears in the forums next to their avatar.

Not seen it or had it reported before. I don’t think there is any code in membership that alters the users names / profiles – so not sure what to suggest is causing it at the moment :slight_frown:

• JoAnn

When I upgrade I use my Filezilla FTP. First I download a copy of the version I have running and save it in a file just in case things don’t work. Then I unzip the new version.

The membership folder can be FTP’d directly into the plugins folder, just click to overwrite any similar files. Most of the time this works, but I have had times where it didn’t, so now I completely delete the old version and upload the new one. I have not had any problems doing that.

Good luck.

JoAnn

• MScott821

Danni App

What I always do is deactivate the current version of the plugin withing the WP Plugin Listing screen.

Then Delete it.

Then upload it via WP “Add New” Plugin tool/screen (if you can, might as well, a little easier than getting FTP involved.

Activate the new version.

Done.

• MScott821

Generally all of the settings are written in the database that sites behind WP.

When you delete a plugin, you are deleting the php and related files that provide the functionality, but the data written by the plugin into the database remains behind – in this case so that you can upgrade a version without losing all or your settings, and members, etc.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I just updated but the entire coupons section is gone… any ideas??

In the admin area or the public area? The coupons form on the front end is now on the subscription payment page (third page in registration) not on the main subscription selection page.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Beta 3 is out btw :slight_smile: Link on the top post.

We’re getting closer to having the core functionality I want in for the next bit release, so now is the time to really sell the features you want in :slight_smile: If I’ve already mentioned that your features / issues are going to make it in, then they will so you can sit back and relax (a bit) :slight_smile:

• DanniApp Support

Cool, Barry!

Since I switched back to older version coupons are back. Were you able to look at that yet or will you before the next release?

Would like some way to send a coupon code to someone and they can just sign up for a trial membership. Right now, it doesn’t work without opening the option up to everyone else on the list of available subscriptions (of course they’d have to pay for the full term at regular price since they wouldn’t have the coupon code).

Also, on my wish list: Aweber integration! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the continuing great work! :slight_smile:

-Lynn

• Ollie

Hey Barry,

Thanks the new beta… I’ve tested out the new beta, this one has definitely fixed a few bugs I had and making load times faster than before.

Here are my features/requests;

1. Multi Subs/Levels

2. My Protected page redirect loop is now fixed; however for some reason with positive levels users cant see Edit Account / Subscriptions / Signup page on the frontend; it instead sends them to Protected Content.

If you want any more feature ideas to include let me know as I have plenty of other ideas, but the above 2 seem the most important from my end.

Thanks,

Billy

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Allow RSS Feeds for non members/strangers would be fantastic!

Non members / strangers see exactly the same content on the RSS feeds as they do on the site. The functionality to have authenticated feeds so members can see the content they have access to via the browser and feed has been there since the first version.

• megbenedicte

Fix the Renewal email…it is being sent to all my subscription Members for some reason. I had a new Member sign up today for a 6 month, one-time fee, and she received an auto renewal email stating her account will need to be renewed in 5 days. I fixed the Communications Settings to zero days, and yet the plugin is still sending the auto renewal email.

Also, it looks like the plugin and Paypal Pro do not communicate with each other. I had a Member cancel his subscription in Paypal, but he was still listed as an Active Member in the plugin. I do not have the time to manually Deactivate every Member who decides to cancel…unmanageable for me to control. I had a joomla Membership at my last site that would automatically cancel their access to premium content when they cancelled in Paypal.

thank you!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Also, it looks like the plugin and Paypal Pro do not communicate with each other.

The plugin doesn’t have a PayPal Pro gateway.

I had a Member cancel his subscription in Paypal, but he was still listed as an Active Member in the plugin.

They will remain a member for the remaining term of their subscription if they have only cancelled the subscription. So, If I start a monthly subscription to your site and pay the first month then cancel the subscription, I will remain a member until the end of the first month. The plugin will only remove the subscription immediately if they charge back or dispute a payment in PayPal

• amy_brown

one more bug/feature (unless I just messed up in setting up this new site)

I had payment mess up on Paypal but the person still could log in. now, they couldn’t see anything really, but they could also *not* see anything. just the titles of pages, not the content of them, that sort of thing.

so there’s the bug part, but the feature part would be saving the registration-to-purchase until AFTER the purchase is made?

for example:

new person enters site, sees the subscription they want, they go to buy it, check out, and THEN create their username and password.

but like I said, it’s possible I messed something up so I’m going to go over my stuff again anyway, so that’s why it’s a bug and feature… and I’m rambling :smiley:

EDITED TO ADD:

I was looking through the pdf manual and on page 16 it talks about incomplete signups. There isn’t a checkbox there in the most recent version of the plugin.

• Ollie

I also found one more thing for the improvements list. We use role managers plugins to handle capabilities as some users/staff need to see the membership admin pages and some do not.

Could you please consider spliting the capabilities per admin page as some users need to view the all members page but not the payment gateway page…

I’ve noticed if I deny use of the setting page, membership admins can still access, but the moment I stop them from being allowed to touch the gateway, the rest of the membership plugin stops viewing for them.

I want them to be able to edit subscriptions, all members and view reports, however to do this I have to allow them to be able to deactivate the payment gateway which is a worrying thought.

Cheers,

Billy

• amy_brown

along with Bill I’m interested in a way to refine the dashboard capabilities for membership helpers.

I know that having multiple access levels will help because I/we could create levels to handle the admin side of things. we have two community managers that come from within the program, and currently I’ve had to give them admin roles within wordpress to bypass the access level blocking of the admin menu. it’s NOT ideal.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I know that having multiple access levels will help because I/we could create levels to handle the admin side of things. we have two community managers that come from within the program, and currently I’ve had to give them admin roles within wordpress to bypass the access level blocking of the admin menu. it’s NOT ideal.

The capabilities are already in the latest beta, it’s just that there isn’t a user interface built into the plugin yet to assign / remove them from users yet. You should be able to do it via another plugin such as http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-access-manager though – I’ll have a check of this and see if I can chuck together some notes, but an interface will be built into the membership plugin itself pretty soon anyway.

• amy_brown

another error found while debugging something else.

I’m getting this error:

Undefined index: protection_type in /home/XXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 459

any ideas?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Undefined index: protection_type in /home/XXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 459

any ideas?

If you go to Membership -> Options and click on the Download and media protection tab and then save the settings on that page does it get rid of it?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

just updated to beta3 and you still have to enter the coupon code – see nothing, close window, repeat and it shows the coupon discount second time. Very confusing to users.

Can you make sure all the files are updated. The new coupon system should refresh the page and immediately update the pricing, It isn’t implemented the same as the old version now, so you certainly shouldn’t be having to close windows.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

what do you mean? I uploaded the new version. What files wouldn’t have updated?

Sometimes some files may not have been overwritten, some FTP clients are set to check timestamps prior to uploading, if you updated via the WordPress admin then an error or issue could mean that one or two files where missed. For testing betas it’s best to FTP into your server, remove the membership folder completely (delete it or rename it) and upload the new version.

• Ian

Hi Barry.

Just my 2 cents so if it’s no concern then that is fine.

But I’m wondering whether any of these extra custom feature requests could be made as optional add-ons as worried with more and more features added to this huge membership plugin is making the average user who doesn’t need all these more confusion when first setting up and managing a membership site?

Not to mention that with more changes to the core plugin, it could have the potential to break standard functionality which to me seems quite scarily when the majority of us have this working on live sites so any down-time due to upgrades is going to make us or if installed on clients sites upset.

Am I paranoid or should I be concerned with seeing more and more custom features that the original membership plugin didn’t come with?

I am totally happy with the bug fixes as these are very important, as it’s still not 100% perfect, eg: can view account page not logged in (even though it’s blank of content) instead of been redirected like it does for the other protected pages when trying to view as the public.

Thanks again for this plugin, really do like it :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ian

• amy_brown

ahem… I feel so demanding, but another idea/suggestion:

the ability to customize the range of a subscription that is already applied to a person.

for example, we moved our membership base to this plug and it set all the dates the same. except since then, several people have expired (by the other count) yet there’s no way to note that in this plugin.

if I could change the subscription range on admin added subscriptions that would be so excellent.

it would also help for gifting additional time periods to loyal customers or the like.

thanks barry!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

can view account page not logged in (even though it’s blank of content) instead of been redirected like it does for the other protected pages when trying to view as the public.

At the moment, if you use the accountform shortcode and the user isn’t logged in then the wrapped html is displayed instead e.g.

[accountform]
    You need to login in order to view your account, etc....
    [/accountform]

redirectng the non-shortcode version of the page makes sense as the protected content page should contain similar messages (login or signup, etc.).

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@seanlee can you start a new thread on the forum? This thread is for membership 3.4.4 beta issues and feature requests.

If you start a new thread, we can help you there directly, otherwise everyone else here gets sent email responses not relevant to the beta version :slight_smile:

• amy_brown

I know it’s a bit late for adding new stuff that isn’t a bug fix, but along with being able to adjust time periods for existing members, being able to filter by their start date would be so super helpful.

Thanks again Barry

• Ollie

Ok I have tested it out… You’re right so many bug fixes, that fixed many of the problems I was having with membership before. Especially the positive rules with multiple subscriptions fix.. That is easily my favourite update you made. I can confirm that adding multiple subscriptions to a user in the backend allows their content permissions work as per the Access Level..

I have found a bug that’s still in there from before and it’s quite an important one.

The Membership pages for Welcome, Subscriptions & Edit Account does not work with Positive Rules. I have tried adding URL groups, Pages etc. no success.

Those pages especially the welcome page is very important because it wont allow users to signup to additional subscriptions unless it can hit the welcome page after payment confirmation, but instead it sends the logged in user with positive rules to Protected Content page.

Thanks for these updates… can’t wait to see those few small fixes above as then there is nothing holding us back from going live =D

Cheers,

Billy

• amy_brown

@billzy Thanks for checking out the multiple sub fix! I was checking a different bug and didn’t think of that one. Plus, I didn’t really think of it being included in the ‘multiple bug fix’ line lol

regarding your bug, a workaround I used once when I was having access level difficulties was the positive/negative ruleset. I had it set *exactly* the same way but it worked that way and not the other.

• davidfan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Barry,

I was sent to this post from here after experiencing issue with multiple subscription plans.

Would you be able to help me have a look on the issue? I have tried update to version 3.4.4 beta 4 but it didn’t seem to make any difference on the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

David

• sgb02
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I signed up for a premium membership with WPMU believing that the payment gateways would be integrated across the various plugins (e.g. Membership and MarketPress, etc). Its seems this is not the case.

Can we start down the path to achieve this -perhaps by beginning to identify the common needs for a feature set e.g. 1) one-time payments, and 2) recurring payments, 3) coupons, 4) …whatever else?. Then factoring the payment gateways out into a common plugin with an API that all WPMU plugins can support? Is this technically feasible, secure, and reasonable?

As it is, the membership plugin does not seem to support non-US centric payment gateways (e.g.Skrill/Moneybookers), or am I wrong. I was told recently by our potential European members that Paypal for example does not have a good reputation in Europe, and they don’t want to use it.

See the comparison of payment gateways on:

http://www.magicmembers.com/payment-gateways/

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I was told recently by our potential European members that Paypal for example does not have a good reputation in Europe, and they don’t want to use it.

Really? most of us Europeans seem to use it quite a bit :slight_smile:

We are adding new gateways to each of the plugins all the time, however they are the most time intensive parts of the functionality to add due to the amount of testing needed for each one.

Can we start down the path to achieve this -perhaps by beginning to identify the common needs for a feature set e.g. 1) one-time payments, and 2) recurring payments, 3) coupons, 4) …whatever else?. Then factoring the payment gateways out into a common plugin with an API that all WPMU plugins can support? Is this technically feasible, secure, and reasonable?

We’ve discussed this internally on and off for the past few years and it isn’t feasible I’m afraid.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for checking out the multiple sub fix! I was checking a different bug and didn’t think of that one. Plus, I didn’t really think of it being included in the ‘multiple bug fix’ line lol

It’s not 100% complete yet :slight_smile: So I didn’t think it warranted it’s own mention quite yet.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The Membership pages for Welcome, Subscriptions & Edit Account does not work with Positive Rules. I have tried adding URL groups, Pages etc. no success.

Adding the standard membership pages to rules won’t work as there is code in the plugin to treat them as special cases.

Can you give me more details of what you are seeing though?

• Ollie

Hi Barry,

Disregard that.. I did a big troubleshoot today.. You’ve done everything right here, I’ve now got Multiple Subscriptions working… =D

Weird part was, it wasn’t working when I sent the post in this thread, then today it worked with no changes made by me… Mass confusion for as nothing made sense to why it was acting like that

Turns out the problem was, I hired a developer from the jobs section to handle a custom payment gateway, and something in his code was causing those errors on the welcome page. I nag them to let me know when they make changes to my testing server however no amount of requests to them or their bosses could ever get them to reply to mention yes we’ve fixed that… They leave me jumping through hoops every bloody week. Very frustrating..

Additional Note: I was still not seeing my subscription or account page today… I fixed this by adding them as a URL Group with no parent page (must be main parent) and it seemed to work now (it did require for me to use them in a url group it wasnt an automatic thing)

Thank you again for your work on this, great bug fixes, and yer this really suits our requirements now and works hand in hand with the info featured in your manual =D

If you need me to test anything else please don’t hesitate to call out.

Thanks Billy – very happy customer!

• davidfan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Billy,

Would you mind sharing a bit more on your positive roles setting for multiple subscriptions? I am having similar issues with my site which requires multiple subscriptions setup for memberships.

To make things really simple, I have cut down the requirement to the lowest level on test site and hoping to find a walk around with just positive roles. So I have 3 access levels, visitors, videos, and forums. and two subscription plans, videos and forum.

Videos subscription has videos access level which allows members to watch all courses videos. Forum subscription has forum access. When member sign up to either one, they should see/have permissions to the related content (which is working perfectly), and when members wish to sign up to both, they should have access to everything.

It’s is like:

Videos – show videos page and posts, hide forums

Forums – show forums, hide videos

Videos + Forums – show everything

I have installed the latest beta4 version and have tried many combination of positive roles (pages, menu, url groups, categories) to make things work, however, non works successfully. As soon as member has both subscriptions, permissions start conflicting with each other.

If you could please share some insight of your setting, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

David

• Ollie

Hi @davidfan

Sure, please do this;

Copy the text above you posted to us…. Create it in a new question/thread so we can go into detail… Then send the link to this thread so I can find it… =)

Also when you do it, attach screenshots for every access level setting/url group/subscription and settings.. .Then I’ll look and have a good idea what’s going on … (if you can also post a link to the site in that new thread)…

If we start doing that here its just going to fill this thread soo quickly. best to keep it clear for Barry’s bugs, updates & improvements…

Cheers

• shawng

Hey as long as your taking requests, here is one I made months ago:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-the-membership-plugin-protect-a-sub-domain-blog-from-non-members-automatically

Concept is simple:

A user purchases a membership and instead of protecting individual content on a single blog, I want to protect ALL THE CONTENT on a sub-domain blog in the same install so that only members with an active subscription can see that blog.

Why?

Scenario, say you sell custom WordPress plugins, a user purchases a plugin, so they get support for a year. Instead of just having a simple area on the site for support for that plugin, I build an entire support site utilizing multiple post-types, formats, etc. Now I don’t have to worry about ‘protecting’ or ‘wrapping’ my members only content, as anything I add to that new site is automatically protected to paying members only.

My other thread has other scenarios where this would work great and I can come up with dozens more if needed.

Currently with membership, there is no way of doing this. Plugins like amember have no problem with this so why can’t membership?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Currently with membership, there is no way of doing this. Plugins like amember have no problem with this so why can’t membership?

If you activate the plugin network wide, with global tables then you can use URL groups to accomplish this quite easily.

Note closing this thread as 3.4.4 has already been released, and we’ll be moving to 3.4.5 beta pretty soon.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.