Membership - About Serial Subscriptions

We're using Membership with BP and not sure about the "serial subscriptions"...

The idea is: one user remains X months in a level and then it is automatically renewed at the same level... So PayPal charges this subscription each X months, right?

Ok, but if the user cancels the payment in his/her PayPal account, what happens? Membership will not have any idea about this, no?

So the normal use of this plugin has to be: define a subscription for each X months, and then automatically downgrade the user, until he pais again, no?

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya Daniel,

Ok, but if the user cancels the payment in his/her PayPal account, what happens? Membership will not have any idea about this, no?

Actually, I believe with PayPal Pro, at least, you can be notified when one of your member cancels (even though they'll still have access. Not sure about regular PayPal though.

So the normal use of this plugin has to be: define a subscription for each X months, and then automatically downgrade the user, until he pais again, no?

That's correct.

Thanks!

• danielruizmunoz

I mean, Membership sends the order to PayPal (it's serialized), and if the payment is "not allowed" the subscription expires and the user is downgraded. I'm right?

For new versions, I think Membership might be able to send emails about these things to the customers, the user experience would be much better (just an idea).

• danielruizmunoz

One more thing about the idea of having a succesion of finite payments... The idea of our site is to pay for a year in three different ways:

-Each month
    -Each 3 months
    -Once a year

For the monthly payment, we've made a serie of 12 finite payments, one each month. Then I suppose that the user loses the membership, so he/she becomes "standard" again.

We've made a test and the thing is that in the same moment the user makes the last payment he instantly loses the membership level. When does the payment come, at the end of the suscription? I suppose the user remains in the last subscription until the month ends an THEN it goes back to standard... I am wrong?

Thanks again (and good luck with the next big upgrade)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.