Membership across multisite with buddypress

Hi,

I am currently trying to build a multisite network and need to achieve the following:

Root Site - Landing Page
Sub-directory - woocommerce shop
Sub-directory - something else at later date
Sub-directory - something else at later date

I would like to use membership to manage subscriptions for the site as there will be paid and free membership plans eventually. There has to be custom fields so I am using buddypress too. I planned on using themekrafts woocommerce plugin to integrate the WC account features into the main account settings.

My problem is I am unable to manage content restrictions for anything outside of the root site and that buddypress account features are only accessable on the root site. I can link to the root site for account features from the sub sites but this won't link with woocommerce?

I think I am missing a link here. If you need any more information then ask.

Thanks

• maxRAF

Hello,

Thank you for a quick reply!

I have the following defined:

if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES'))
      define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);
      if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE'))
      define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE', 1);

I can see that single sign on is working, however I cannot manage the menu's of the other sites or any content?

Edit: We are trying to acheive something like envato in terms of one account settings page for the user but multiple sites (except in sub directories not domain mapping). but i need to be able to content manage using membership and the themekraft plugin has to work.

Thanks

• maxRAF

Okay so here is an update to the situation:

On the root site I have membership and buddypress installed. in the shop sub directory I have woocommerce, themekraft integration and buddypress installed.

The user is now signed in across the whole site and the my account area is the same on both sites as intended.

My main issue now is that I cannot use membership to control the menus and other page content depending on the users subscription.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks again

• DavidM

Hi @maxRAF,

Thanks for your followup. Could I ask for you to provide a screenshot of the access level you're using in that particular case?

Also, are you testing this out using the Super Admin account? You'd need to try it by logging in as a user with the proper access level since the Super Admin would be able to see everything.

Usually that's best done with a separate browser.

Another thing to check too, is it possible for you to test this all by just adding an access level to a user account that you can then test? Rather than a subscription, I mean, it's generally easier to test it with an access level, it usually helps to rule out subscription issues.

With a screenshot of the levels though, we should be able to have a better idea of what's occurring.

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.