membership: activate users by default without modifying plugin core?

I saw the post that mentioned commenting out code to prevent new users from being set as inactive. What's the best way to do it without modifying core code?

• aecnu

Greetings ghc,

Thank you for the great question.

Though this can easily be taken out of context regarding the statement you mentioned which indeed lends the need to be able to see ticket before making any comment about it.

However, from what I understand you are wanting to do, have you seen if the Enable incomplete signup accounts option gives the desired effect?

Logged into the admin dashboard go to --> Membership --> Options --> General tab and in the user registration section you should see the option to check mark Enable incomplete signup accounts

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• ghc

Ah! that did it. But after I register I get this error on the following page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/header.php:13) in /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/header.php:13) in /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 681

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/header.php:13) in /home/content/90/9013290/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 682

Also, coupons seem to only be working for one subscription (subscription 1). Using a 100% coupon for subscription 2 or subscription 3 still brings me to the paypal link after registering.

• aecnu

Greetings ghc,

Thank you for letting me know that my first solution has indeed worked as intended.

Now to address the warnings, not errors, I do not see any errors, but indeed see the warnings you have posted above in your last post. Please understand there is a huge difference to the trained eye between warnings and errors. Just a friendly clarification :slight_smile:

To address the issues one at a time I will now go after the warnings. Please add this code <?php ob_start(); ?> before <!DOCTYPE html> tag in header.php file of your theme to fix the header warning messages.

Please advise if this indeed does the trick for this particular item.

Look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.