Membership Admin Users

I’d like to add a custom user level to be a membership admin. I searched the forums but I didn’t find what I was looking for. Can you help?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings navertise,

Thank you for the great question.

Due to the intended restrictions of the Membership plugin, all membership admins must be assigned by going through the dashboard interface and privileging them an admin.

If indeed there is a way to make a specific role, then Advanced Access Manager plugin or the User Role Editor plugin are good candidates for the job of managing those roles.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

You can set users to be membership admins by visiting their user profile under Users > All Users > edit [user]. At the bottom of the user’s profile there’s a checkbox where you can select “This user has access to administer the Membership system.” That will grant that user the ability to manage your site’s Membership.

Have you checked out the Membership user manual? It contains tons of detailed info and there’s an entire section dedicated to user levels.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.