Membership + Affiliates 3 levels... payouts for life?

Hi, Can I set my affiliates plugin so that memeber/affiliates get payout for lifetime of referred subscribers?

I want to give 1 - 2 weeks for $5 then next month for $50, then after that, $5 ongoing.
Is this possible? Do I need to make 3 memberships? And lastly, again, can users get payouts for lifetime of membership dues being paid?

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Chris,

I want to give 1 - 2 weeks for $5 then next month for $50, then after that, $5 ongoing.

This would be a price for subscription in Membership? If yes, then yes - you need to have 3 separate membership as one membership can't change price depending on how long user is member. One membership can have only one price at the time.

When used to track referral sales, Affiliates defaults to paying an affiliate for the first sale only. That can be changed by adding the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

With that added, affiliates will be paid for every single payment made by the referred user.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Chris Three

That's great. So easy.
    WPMUDEV has grown over the past 3 years to being one of my absolute favorite islands of magnificence in the ocean that is the internet world...

Is there a special line of code which is necessary when activating membership on a multisite network? The nature of the MS network is not for users to make sites, but instead different areas to use different themes due to their functionality. King of like instead of a site with different Pages, every page is actually like a Site with unique capabilities.

Also, will Membership add pages automatically to each sub site?

Nithin

Hi Chris Three,

Hope you are doing good today.

Is there a special line of code which is necessary when activating membership on a multisite network?

You can activate the plugin in two ways, ie either network activate the plugin, or activate the plugin per subsite. If you activate the plugin per subsite, the plugin settings for each subsite will be treated separately. The plugin will create pages automatically for each subsite when it's activated per site.

If the plugin is network enabled, the plugin settings(network wide protection) works globally for the whole network, and the pages will only get created in the main site.

If network enabled, to enable site wide protection, you'll have to add the following code in your wp-config.php file:
    define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true );

wp-config.php file is located in your root directory. Root directory is where you /wp-content, /wp-includes etc folders reside.

If you didn't enable site wide protection, the plugin will be activated for all the subsite admins, and they can run the plugin as a individual plugin by activating the plugin settings in their site. If you don't want this, you can disable the plugin network wide, and enable it per subsite as mentioned above.

You can check Membership 2 > Help page for more info. Membership 2 Pro has a new update v 1.0.3.4. Please update the plugin and let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin