membership and bp, registration process and registration forms

I am setting up the following:

BP site with membership plugin.

On membership plugin i have setup

4 levels = 1 free and 3 paid and 3 subscription levels.

1- Show levels on a registration page or packages page as a drop down option and buttons with some text about the level.

2- Create custom registration process

3- Do not send confirmation email and notify specific users to take approval steps for the new user/account.

Thanks

T

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @tk,

Thanks for getting in touch. What you’re looking for here is going to require custom development. You would need to code these yourself to implement them, as they aren’t supported by the plugin.

However, there is a way to use shortcodes to create a custom registration page. You just won’t have a drop down menu. For example:

[subscriptiontitle subscription=”2″] – The title of the subscription.

[subscriptiondetails subscription=”2″] – The Subscription plan details.

[subscriptionprice subscription=”2″] – The subscription plan price.

[subscriptionbutton subscription=”2″] – And the subscription plan button

Replace the number with the ID of the subscription.

Also once a user registers and activates the account. a new account is created in the WP/BP but not in the members section!

This isn’t possible because the members section isn’t exactly separate. It just takes all the users on your site and show what membership levels they have – it also gives controls to modify this. It’s like the users screen with more controls, but still gives all users.

Best regards,

• TK
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can we change the label “subscribe” when using [subscriptionbutton]

Where can i find all the api’s that are available for members plugin. I cant even find a page with a list of all the shortcodes?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @tk,

I’m sorry no, there isn’t a way to change this label via the shortcode. You could create a translation that customizes phrases, or modify the plugin code. Let me know if you need help with either of these.

You can find the shortcodes, and our manual for Membership on the membership usage page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

We don’t have any API documentation at this point. There are however many functions you can use in your own code. They can be found in functions.php form the includes folder.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.