Membership and Buddypress integration issues

I'm using Membership v3.0 RC 1
and Buddypress 1.5.5
Wordpress 3.1 on a single install

When I have the buddypress pages on as a positive rule, even though the Activity feed and Members option is chosen, when ever I try to load the page with the Global Activity Feed or the List of Members, I get the "Protected Content" page that I configured to sections that users aren't supposed to have access to.

I've got a temporary workaround by using Negative rules, but I'd like to know that I've got the ability to switch back to Positive rules when I can.

• aecnu

Greetings GerardoRitchey,

Wordpress 3.1 on a single install

I believe you intended to indicate you are using WordPress 3.3.1?

I've got a temporary workaround by using Negative rules, but I'd like to know that I've got the ability to switch back to Positive rules when I can.

I do not quite understand - you have assigned these to negative rules which work, I would hardly consider this a work around since this was the whole purpose on having negative rules in the first place.

Please advise what I am missing here? --> if one says that when I have them as negative rules it works how I want but when I move them to positive rules they no longer work as I want - the obvious answer is to move them to negative rules. I am sorry that I just do not get what the mission is here?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• GerardoRitchey

Yes, I meant Wordpress 3.3.1

Sorry. For the confusion.

The bottom line of the message was that when I use positive rules to enable the Members and Activity stream pages for my Membership + Buddypress install, the Global Activity Feed and the Member list are are considered to be protected, even though I explicitly the Membership plugin to allow them.

Everything else seems to be behaving itself correctly. For some reason it's just those 2 pages that have a hickup when I assign a positive rule to allow Members and Activity feed.

Who knows. I was probably using the plugin incorrectly.

If this is something you guys deem legit and want to look into, awesome. If not, just close it. No biggie on our part :wink:

• aecnu

Greetings GerardoRitchey,

Not a problem sir I was just having trouble trying to figure out what is going on here/there and just could not get my head wrapped around it.

Thank you so very much for your clarification, it is greatly appreciated.

Now that we have the details together and a clear picture of what you are referring, I am going invite the lead developer of Membership plugin in here to see if he may have advice or comment about those other two plugins and there interaction within the Membership plugin and rules :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.