Membership and BuddyPress profile

Hi,

I'm setting up the Membership plugin on my site and wonder how this works or interacts with the BuddyPress Profile - I notice that the Membership Quick start says to turn off WordPress registration, so how does this work..?

I have a very detailed BuddyPress profile set-up and don't want to lose that functionality and ability to profile members.

I note that Membership is BuddyPress compatible so I hope they will work ok together..

thanks for some feedback on this.

cheers,

Iain

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Lain,

The latest version of Membership, version 2.1.3, is totally compatible with BuddyPress 1.5 and any default BP fields you've setup will be available in the signup process. And from there, members would be able to setup the rest as usual, from their profile area.

Membership doesn't actually affect those fields otherwise, they'll be completely intact with Membership activated.

-David

• imacg
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

great news thanks, I kind of figured the additional fields would be available in the members profile areas as you say..! but it's good to have it confirmed.

Do I still have to switch off wordpress sign-up, and if so where..?

regards

Iain

• imacg
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hey rbrookstx,

sorry for delay in responding, just noticed your question.

In the end I just configured membership and it all seems to play nice together, haven't really come across any issues so far, so I hope that helps.

cheers,

Iain

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.