Membership and Domain Mapping Conflict

Hi there.

Looking for some help, I'm currently working on transferring a Masonic website that was stand alone to a sub of a Multi-site setup as I am working on doing a Masonic Web Community.

Everything has been going great so far, I have your Membership plugin activated network wide as each site will have 3 levels of access for members, and each site owner has to register their own members, this is due to it being a private club membership for each site.

I had setup Membership on one of the sub with no trouble, just setting the Access Levels, and adding them to each member. Not using subscriptions as the members have no need to pay at the moment, though maybe added later if the clubs want to collect their subs this way. Also due to the fact that they register members, there is no registration page, etc. Mainly use Membership to restrict access to Members only content.

However, I decided it would be nice if each Lodge could map their own domains so I added you Domain Mapping plugin, which works fine in respect of the domain forwarding but soon as it does membership starts to block all content and redirects to 'No Access Allowed' page. Soon as you remove the domain in setting and revert back to being http://thoresby.masonicwebtemplates.com/ everything reverts back to working ok. I have even tried the domain mapping plugin on WordPress repos but get the same, thats the one currently installed, but id prefer to use yours as Im planning on adding Supporter in due course, and want this as a premium.

Works on - thoresby.masonicwebtemplates.com
Doesnt when mapped - thoresby4920.co.uk

Plugins Active on this sub site:

Ajax Event Calendar
Akismet
Contactbuddy
Google Maps
Jetpack
NextGen Gallery
PluginBuddy Mobile
Profile Builder Pro
Side Bar Login
WP-Filebase
iThemes - Builder Theme

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey ajlowey, welcome to the WPMU Dev Community! :slight_smile:

Odd.....

Can i check the domain is mapped in by its A Record to your main sites IP? Or is it some other way?

Could you please map it again and then go save that permalink structure to ensure its not a issue there?

Let me know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• ajlowey
    • New Recruit

Thanks for getting back Tim

The domain is mapped through the same host, hostmonster's cpanel as a parked domain to masonicwebtemplates.com so if I understand it correctly the A Record will be automatic to that IP.

Also for info i have a static IP.

I have remapped it using the plugin from this site and resaved the permalink structure which does say the mapped domain but still shows as no access!

Just out of interest I decided to disable 'Membership' plugin, not deactivate, just disable, and every page shows up fine.

• ajlowey
    • New Recruit

Tim

I sorted it!

After remapping etc as you asked, still was displaying same problem, I went into Membership -> Access Levels and then looked at the one for my visitors, didn't change any settings but just resaved the access level.

Then hay presto working as it should.

Thanks for the assist.

Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.