Membership and Multisite Setup

Created USHomeownerAssociation.com with with Multi Site, BuddyPress and Membership

Want to create "Forum.USHomeownerAssociation.com" for groups and forums with shared Membership Accounts and possibility for future sub-sites all sharing same membership.

Is there a best practices or guide for setting this up? If not how would you recommend?

• Milan

Hello @broker1,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I am not complete getting what you want to achieve. It would be great if you can give me step by step explanation about your goal with Membership 2 pro. Moreover are you referring "Sharing Membership between subsite" as "Membership with all of its protection rules should be imported to each new subsite automatically" ?

Please advice in depth for your requirement and we will surely give you appropriate answer. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Have a fantastic day,
    Milan

• HawaiiDude

Have Membership setup on Multisite

Using Membership2 Pro, Buddypress and bppress

Setup site 1 as "US Homeowner Association"
    Site 1 has:
    HOA Membership
    Groups
    Forums

Would like to have ability to create new Sites in Multisite using the same instance of Membership and BuddyPress

I created a new site called "Forum" but the Groups did not transfer or show on on new site and it is asking to create new instance of Membership

Would like all new "sites" to share same membership

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello HawaiiDude!

I think that you're referring to a "site-wide" memberships so all the sites in your network could use the same memberships which you could "centrally" create, is that correct?

The Membership 2 Pro plugin can be used "network wide". To create such a setup please add following line to your site's "wp-config.php" file:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

This line should be added above the "/*That's all, stop editing... " line.

It will transform Membership 2 protection from "site by site" to "network wide" where memberships will be recognized by all sites in the network. However, it's important to know that none of those already existing memberships will be made "network wide" so this would mean setting memberships again.

As for BuddyPress. I'm not sure if I'm getting this right. Would you like to have separate "copies" of BuddyPress (following its current setup) for each site, have a central BuddyPress but with the same access from all sub-sites (for all sub-sites users) or have a kind of "network wide" BuddyPress?

I think you may want to take a look at this article to find out about all options for BuddyPress setup in Multisite environment:

https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installation-in-wordpress-multisite/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.