Membership and other plugins integrations

Please, what I should to do to integrate the membership plugin with affiliates plugin? I saw there is others plugins to integrate with this plugins too at manage ad-ons. Why I should to integrate this plugins? And how can I get this? The link at affiliates page is broken…

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya diegpl,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

I saw there is others plugins to integrate with this plugins too at manage ad-ons

Yeah, we removed the “ad-ons” plugin in favor of the ability for things to work with out the need to be activated.

You should be able to activate Membership and then Activate Affiliates.

Then go to Dashboard>Affiliates>Manage addons and make sure the membership add-on is activated.

Users can go to their own affiliates page to get their unique affiliate link or fill in their own domain information so that all links from their domain are tracked and added to their account automatically.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks!

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Ok, but I am not understand somethings yet. What is the URL with all fields to user fill in and became an affiliate? Membership plugin will give me it?

What plugin is better to integrate? Membership? Supporter? Or Directory? What the diference between these plugins?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @diegpl,

Thanks for the clarifications. You’re right. That link is broken as it refers to a product we no longer offer. I’ve removed it.

That product is now integrated into affiliate, so there’s no need to download anything else.

As I mentioned above, all you need to do is activate the membership add-on in Affiliate and you’re good to go.

You can track affiliate sales through the dashboard widgets and handle payments through Dashboard>Affiliates.

Your users can get their custom links through the Users>Affiliate Referrals link (wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings)

Here they can edit their links, enter their referring domain, and see how they are doing in terms of sales.

The membership, supporter, and directory add-ons for Affiliate are meant to work with our Membership, Pro Sites, and Directory plugins respectively. We’re also working on MarketPress integration. All you need to do is activate Affiliate, one of these other plugins, and then activate the appopriate add-on. Affiliates will take care of purchases made through those systems.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

So, I don`t need to install membership plugin too? It is only activate the membership add-on?

And what is the diference into membership and directory plugin?

And do you have a prediction of when intetration with marketpress will be finished? If it take too long I will hire a programmer… maybe I can help in this thing too. I think in Brazil programmer probably is cheaper…

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

To clarify further, you need the Affiliate plugin and you need whatever other plugin you’d like to integrate with.

If you have a membership site and you want to offer an affiliate program, then you’d install membership and affiliate and then activate the add-on.

Membership is a plugin that allows you to provide dedicated access levels and subscriptions to specific content on your site.

Directory is a plugin that allows folks to pay to have something (their business for example) listed on your site.

Either of these sites can offer an affiliate program and our plugin should be able to get you setup with tracking and payouts through paypal.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

So affiliates by itself provides you with the ability to track signups on your site. It’s extensible in all sorts of ways. Here’s a tutorial on how to integrate it with any product:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

So, it’s still useful as a stand-alone plugin.

To your question, we have actually been hard at work on MarketPress integration and are near completion. Check out the developer’s response here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/affiliates-and-marketpress#post-235161

We can’t provide ETAs, but we’re talking weeks not years :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.