Membership and Paypal setup help

I have setup my membership plugin according to your install/setup instructions. User fills our their username/password, clicks the subcribe, pays at paypal, and then is just redirected back to the site home page. Their credit card is charged, the user account is created (but not activated) in wordpress (3.1 + Multisite+Buddypress). How do I setup paypal to link back to my wordpress to activate the user account and always keep their account updated (like change their membership if they cancel their paypal payment). I've searched over the forums for hours and can't find some sort of guide. Does one exist?

• dseason
    • Flash Drive

I'm having the same problem. Using a sandbox site, when the first account transfers funds to the second account, no transactions are listed. Maybe there's a missing way to activate it? (IPN says that /paymentreturn/paypalexpress isn't responding?)

• jmerithew
    • New Recruit

Fixed my issue with PayPal IPN. Now, the user is activated once they pay for membership at PayPal and I can see the successful send of the IPN message to my WordPress site. Now I have a new problem:

If the user cancels their subscription in PayPal, it does not deactivate their account in WordPress. Why not?

• jmerithew
    • New Recruit

Now a new problem:

I used the admin panel -> Membership -> Edit Members -> Drop Subscription to drop a "test" subscription I made for PayPal Sandbox. Membership plugins says it was successful and the user is now not listed as having a subscription. However, in "Edit Subscriptions" I still see a "1" under number of users with that subscription. Is there a timer that refreshes that and purges out deleted subscriptions?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

How do I setup paypal to link back to my wordpress to activate the user account and always keep their account updated (like change their membership if they cancel their paypal payment).

It should do it automatically - does the user account get a subscription assigned to it? Are you seeing any errors in your PayPal IPN notifications (you'll need to login to paypal to see these)?

What do you get if you go to the following url on your site?
    http://mysite.com/paymentreturn/paypalexpress/

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

However, in "Edit Subscriptions" I still see a "1" under number of users with that subscription.

Are there any other users on that subscription? What does the newstream say on the membership dashboard? does it show the user being removed from the subscription?

Can you check in the database, look for the table named something like wp_m_membership_relationships and see if there is an entry for that user_id or subscription_id.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.