Membership and Pro Sites Integration

I was wondering a couple things before I begin major development on making these 2 plugins coincide together on my site that I was hoping you could answer. I'm not sure if I am overlooking it (which is very possible) but I will explain the situation as best I can below.

I'm creating a website that allows users to create website(s) (Pro Sites) that offer different levels for different plugins and themes.

For these sub sites, I'm wanting to allow users to use the membership plugin on their own site. That way, if they have example.com site they can have membership involved on their own site. Is this possible? If so, here are the couple questions I have below.

1. When I activate this plugin on a test site it does not allow for add-ons. If a sub site user wanted to offer paid membership, how do I make this happen?

2. Also, if I activate membership on my main site, it says to deactivate registration in my settings, and if that is the case, how do I allow users to create a new blog (wp-signup.php) since I am having to disable it?

Thanks for the help!

DavidM

Hi creativ3group,

What you're describing definitely sounds doable, you can easily specify Membership as a premium plugin in Pro Sites. I'll go through your questions inline.

1. When I activate this plugin on a test site it does not allow for add-ons. If a sub site user wanted to offer paid membership, how do I make this happen?

Just to clarify, are you saying that on a sub-sites when you activate Membership you don't see the Membership > Add-ons menu item?

If so, I can't seem to replicate that. Can you see the Add-ons menu in your main site?

2. Also, if I activate membership on my main site, it says to deactivate registration in my settings, and if that is the case, how do I allow users to create a new blog (wp-signup.php) since I am having to disable it?

Hmm, are you looking to utilize Membership yourself on your main site to provide access restrictions there?

If so, as long as you have ticked the "Logged in users may register new sites." registration option at Network Admin > Settings, users will be able to add new blogs from their admin area once they log in. Or if you're using BuddyPress, they'll be able to do so from their profile area.

That option allows them to create blogs after signup. Pro Sites can take over from there.

-David

Tyler Orr

1. That is correct. I made a dummy site to test out the membership plugin and I do not have access to the Membership > Add-ons menu. I do from the network admin, but from the individual site, I do not.

If I access their dashboard as the Super Admin I have access to the Membership > Add-ons. But if I logout of the super admin account and login to the dummy account I created for the site, I does not give me that option anymore.

2. I'm not wanting to create membership (at this time) on the main site, just want to allow subsite users to use it on their site. So having the Network Admin set at "Both sites and user accounts can be registered" will still allow users to use the membership plugin on their own site without problem or do I need to change it?

Timothy Bowers

Hi.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Did you try the latest release with the latest WordPress?

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance.

Take care.