membership and support question

Someone is preparing a user agreement for my website but she recommended that I have two separate agreements instead of consolidating them into one for paying and non-paying members.

Can the membership script provide this? What about supporter?

Thanks

• Barry

Yep and they can be on the same page (e.g. /agreement ), set up two shortcodes, one for free users and one for paying and then put the content within the shortcodes on the page. e.g.

[free]
    The non paying agreement
    [/free]
    [premium]
    the paying agreement
    [/premium]

if you do this though, you will have to go to the membership options page and blank out the "No access message" - that way the part of the page that they don't have access to is simply removed from the pay.

Alternatively - if your theme uses the new wp_nav menus, create two menus with the same title and have the level for the free users show one, and the level for the paying members show the other.

I could go on because there are a lot of ways you could set it up, the flexibility of the plugin is both its strong and weak point :slight_smile:

• drdave

Thanks guys

So far I have the TOS plugin installed with a dummy agreement until mine is ready.

I set up
    [free]
    Some paragraphs
    [/free]
    [premium]
    Some paragraphs
    [/premium]

Under Membership Edit Levels I tick [free membership] and [premium membership] and under menu, membership is tick which I created in Appearance Menus. If I create another one with the same title (I think that is what you meant anyway) I get error "The menu name Membership conflicts with another menu name. Please try another".

This is BP-Social Theme but it says "The current theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the “Custom Menu” widget to add any menus you create here to the theme’s sidebar." Sounds impractical to me (or just difficult to do) as I only need this menu on the signup page.

Anyway, I tested and do see my TOS with the Agreement Checkbox but all my short codes [free membership] [/free membership] [premium membership [/premium membership] are visible as part of the TOS.

I'll go ahead and have a few aspirins for now.

Thanks again guys

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.