Membership and Supporter

I'm planning on installing both the Supporter and Membership plugins.
1. Reading through the forums, it appears that they are now integrated. True?
2. Is there an installation/activation sequence?
3. Any impacts or issues I should be aware of?
4. Our intent is to have Membership active on main site and then be a supporter feature for paid sites. Is this the appropriate application of the two plugins working together?

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Usign the Supporter plugin, you will be giving two types of website, free & premium.

If you only want to offer websites at a cost, you should look at using the Pay To Blog plugin.

Having said that, it has previously been suggested that you could use the supporter plugin & just disable posts/pages for non-supporters, this would then make it premium only.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi antKat, Joe,

The relatively new integration feature between Membership and Supporter comes in the form of a Supporter option available in the subscriptions options in Membership.

Basically, when you create your subscriptions in Membership, you have the option to specify Supporter integration, so that the plugins will associate the Supporter status with a Membership subscription.

I believe it's only possible to create 1 Supporter blog/site using this option though, as the Supporter subscription is associated with that Membership subscription and the option allows for the member's primary_blog to be specified as a Supporter only.

Here's an image to illustrate the option.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

As we haven't heard anything for awhile on this one I'm marking it as resolved. Should ya have the need for further instruction, please 'reopen' this thread and we'll continue to take a look.

You can always alternatively open up a new thread.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.