membership and wp users list

I have a question regarding membership and wp users list.

When viewing main site admin panel as 'site admin' ...... no users appear when viewing 'all users' list. Also when I add a new user in admin panel .... confirm message says user added but user is not appearing.

When I switch to 'network admin' view I do see users in wp user list.

I can however see users under 'Membership > Edit Members.

Is this normal?

WPMU: 3.2.1
Membership Ver: membership-2.1beta2

Thanks.

nativebiz

Update:

Roles dropdown is not appearing under Settings > General ..... for site admin view

Also, in Membership (main site/site admin view) > ...... roles dropdown is not appearing where it should on various pages/forms. roles plugin is activated in membership.

After some research I may have found the issue but need further clarification.

Note: my main site ID is 1.

In php admin all new blogs have their respective ID appear before all table names .....

6_options

my main (network) blog does not .....

options

Should I rename and add (1) to tables associated with the primary site? If so which tables should be upated?

Thanks for any help.

My WP install was done by WPMU and table names had wp_ removed during install which is why table name samples above dont have the wp_ prefix.

Mason

Hiya,

No need/reason to update the tables. Your main site doesn't have the numbered prefix in the database. That's normal.

The role issue is odd. When you go to Edit a level in membership you should be able to assign a role at the very bottom of the rules. This isn't displaying for you?

I've got it working correctly on my install. Maybe there's a javascript issue which is blocking the display? Please check for js errors and also check your php error log. Anything you find there would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mason

Hiya,

The dropdown is there, but it's not populating with roles.

Now that is a bizarre one.

The PHP error log doesn't have dates so I can't tell which, if any, of those have happened recently, but none of them would seem to be connected to your issue here.

Are you running memcached on your server or any caching plugins?

Also is this a multisite install? Are you seeing this on all sites, or just one site in particular?
    We may need to look in the database and see what the value is in your wp_options table (or wp_#_options for a sub-site) and see what the option_name is for wp_user_roles.

let us know. I do believe this is a setup issue outside of membership though.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Firstly, don't mean to nudge masonjames's post up - read his reply, his the pro

And Just a hunch?, and sorry if I'm way off mark...

When viewing main site admin panel as 'site admin' ...... no users appear when viewing 'all users' list. Also when I add a new user in admin panel .... confirm message says user added but user is not appearing.
    When I switch to 'network admin' view I do see users in wp user list.
    I can however see users under 'Membership > Edit Members.

could you endulge my curiousity... go 'Membership > Edit Members and click on any members username(preferably one who doesn't appear in wp user list), this will bring up their profile page something like this, domain.com/wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id=1055. It doesn't matter that you can't see them in Users > all users - as the user_id=%id loads their data. Scroll down to assign them a role, if my hunch is correct you will probably see [--no role for this site--], make them a subscriber and update.

I've experienced a similar issue whilst playing around, but I could never recreate it. And I never did solve it, just wiped the site (it was a test site).
    Again, if I'm way off mark, sorry and ignore me

Jonathan

James Farmer

Hi Nativebiz,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James