Membership - auto-assign custom user roles

Hi,

I'm using WPMU membership on http://www.yogatravel.co.uk.

Everything works fine, except that the associated user role is not assigned upon successful subscription sign-up.

I am using custom user roles ("advertiser-five") but all the members are assigned "subscriber" role.

It is selected correctly in the Access Levels section.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

David

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

David,

Hi there and Welcome to WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

Can I ask you to supply a screenshot of your members screen?

What is your membership level like? And gateways?

Any free levels,, all paid, etc.

That will help out here.

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings divydovy,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• divydovy
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Really great support, thanks for following up. It was on my to-do list to try your fix and to reply but thanks for the kick.

I've installed the latest version of Membership as of today and the fix is good: all seems to work. Thanks.

I have one further question though, let me know if you prefer I open up a new ticket.

What happens if a user 'falls out' of membership registration? I.e. they create a username/password but fail to complete payment for any reason?

Cheers,

David

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

What happens if a user 'falls out' of membership registration? I.e. they create a username/password but fail to complete payment for any reason?

As long as you don't have "Enable Incomplete Signups" enabled, they will not have access to the content they were attempting to sign up for. They will be a Visitor wtih a login.

Best,!

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.