Membership-based image restrictions

Hi there,

I've been trying to get some sort of image management plugin for BuddyPress and there are very slim pickings available, and nothing stable enough to be used on a production site. If you look at the buddypress forum, you'll see that there is a naming dispute that seems to be holding up all development of gallery plugins for Buddypress (they all want the name BuddyPress Media, naturally). Forum posts here: http://buddypress.org/support/topic/has-this-project-been-abandoned/

My feature suggestion for you is to create an image management plugin for BuddyPress that integrates with Membership to allow a "freemium" membership model for image-based / portfolio sites. For example, free members can upload a certain number of images (configurable) and members can upload more. If there were levels of membership available too, that would be ideal.

For example, a free user account can upload a maximum of 5 images and will need to convert to a paid membership to be able to upload more.

I know that a lot of people use Membership but it would be great to use it for image-based / portfolio sites as there are a lot of different audiences for this type of site - for example graphic designers, architects, fashion industry, makeup, visual artists, etc.

Hope you like this suggestion, you'd solve a huge problem for Buddypress sites and also there'd be a good opportunity for you to sell a bunch of these, I'm sure. Also, if there's any way I can help, I'd be happy to.

Thanks!

Ingrid

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings frankenmedia,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful plugin.

Unfortunately it's not currently available - but we'd love to put it into consideration for future development which might take a bit longer than useful.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Ingrid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Yes I know it's not available. :slight_smile: I posted this in the feature request section, unless it went somewhere weird - meant it as a feature request. I'd love to pay someone to do it but unfortunately I don't think I can afford to at this point seeing as I'm having a baby in a few weeks so I'm not in any rush.Thanks for the suggestion, perhaps I will look into that in the future however.

Ingrid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.