Membership Billing Dates?

Hello! I want to set up a Membership (and I think this plugin will make it super simple!) But, I have a quick question to see if what I'm imagining in my head is possible!

On the first of each month, I upload new content (3 new products) for which people pay $5 to access it. Currently, a company I use sends members the files on the day they've paid. So, if someone signs up on the 1st of the month, they access the content each month on that day. But, if they sign up on the 5th of the month, they'll get charged and access the content on the 5th in the following months. (However, there are many problems with that site, so I want to switch!)

I'd like to set up the plugin to allow people to sign up on any day of the month, but then get billed on the 1st of the month the following month. So if they sign up on October 15th, I'd still like them to be billed (and access the products) on the 1st of November!

Is this possible? (I'm low tech over here so I did try to look through the previous questions but then got overwhelmed!) Thank you!

• Luís

Hi Molly ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I think this question is related to our Membership 2 Pro plugin, right?

If yes, unfortunately, this is not possible out of the box. When you choose the "Payment Frequency" for a membership, daily, monthly, yearly, the billing dates are based on the subscription started date.

I.E

Your membership has a monthly payment frequency and the user subscribed in the November 10th:

- The user will pay when subscribes, to get access for the next 30 days (the "current" month);
    - It will billed in December 10th, to get access for another 30 days;

Membership 2 Pro have an add-on to offer a Trial period, a free period access, however, again, it will be related to the subscription started date.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.