membership, buddy press and ultimate Facebook

Hi, I would like to create a buddy press website where people can register and create their own profile. Next to that, I would like to create two main categories of users, so that people can find each other, look at each others profile and message (basically like a dating site).

Both user / member categories will be billed through membership for the use of full website functionality. However, I also want to fully integrate social network FB with the website through the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

So I am looking for ideas on how to structure the site, e.g.;
-login with FB account,
-create profile with buddy press, and
-after 7 days suggest membership upgrade (from free to paid).

As you can tell, I'm a newbie. Usually I take time to figure every plugin out, but since the guide for membership plugin stated that it can't be used with network user signup of buddy press, I would like to hear your opinion as to how to go about this design. Suggestion regarding other plugins or different ways to structure this are also welcome. Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Arnoud

• PC

Hello Arnoud,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Both user / member categories will be billed through membership for the use of full website functionality. However, I also want to fully integrate social network FB with the website through the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

As far as registration is concerned, Ultimate Facebook and Membership do not integrate out of the box so I advise a different approach.

-login with FB account,
    -create profile with buddy press, and

You can use BuddyPress and activate Ultimate Facebook to allow facebook registration etc. and let the users signup through the normal process.

Post registration, when they login to their site, you can use a login redirect plugin to route them to the Membership subscriptions page where they can choose a subscription (Free/paid etc) and get access to the site accordingly.

I will suggest you to please check the default BP+FB registration process first to make sure you have got full control over it and then start configuring membership plugin.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.