Membership buy Shortcode only works for existing members?

The shortcode for customers to go right to a specific memberships checkout page only works for registered users. If a user who is not logged in tries to use it, it sends them to fill out the form to register with the site and then strait to the page that lists all the memberships, so it basically is bringing them in a circle right back to where I didn't want them to have to go in the first place. I wouldn't think this is intended behavior is it?

• Ash

Hello @ryan

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

If a user who is not logged in tries to use it, it sends them to fill out the form to register with the site and then strait to the page that lists all the memberships

Well, if an user is not logged in, at that time he is not an user but just a visitor to the site. And to buy a membership a visitor needs to be logged in as user first. So, if he has account, he needs to login otherwise he needs to register first.

Do you want your visitors to select membership first and then register?

Cheers
    Ash

• ryan

I want the shortcode [ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"] to work the same way as the subscription button did in membership as I was told it would before I switched my entire set-up over, I don't want users to have to see my entire list of memberships. What is the point of a buy now button for one membership if it sends you to see a list of 10 memberships? That makes no sense at all to me. I was even told the other day that once 1.0.4.5 was released the shortcode above would work as expected. no dice, and it doesn't even create a button just small text that says "Buy Now!" that looks like there should be a button under it.

Also how come protect content shortcodes from different memberships dont work on the same page? I specifically asked about both of these things before I made the switch and went through hours upon hours of manually adding users and re-adding them to subscriptions they had. I just don't understand why I was told everything would still work (when i linked the question i had to another thread where i was helped setting my original membership plugin up) that showed exactly what i wanted to do.

And yes I would like to at least have them see the options of what they are signing up for first. It's confusing, they click a button that say Buy Now, then they fill out a form, then they have to choose the subscription AGAIN, when they just clicked something that was telling them to buy a specific subscription 5 seconds beforehand.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.