Membership - bypassing subscriptions and showing registration form on front page

Membership is a great plugin! Though I'm running into a few hang ups.

I have two levels - free subscribers and invite only private clients (also free).

I would like to have a registration form on the front page for free subscribers by passing choosing the subscription level (as there is only one).

I tried using the [subscriptionform] shortcode but that just offers me an explanation of the subscription levels (not needed) and takes the user to an unformatted page with yet another button to push before getting to the registration form. I'd like to eliminate all off this and just have the registration form on the front page. One stop with no other pages to get through.

Is this possible?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JessiBo,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I think what you are looking for is the following information:

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

Usage: define('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• JessiBo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can definitely use that to replace the membership registration form. If I do that will the users be added to the user level set in the back end?

Anyone subscribing to the blog will be going to the same subscription level anyway, I want to make sure I can skip them having to select a subscription package and just register.

• embod
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

If I have understood you correctly you just want people to click a join button then do the register page and then just have the one option to select rather than choose?

I do this.

Create all the sub plans

Go to the default /register page logged in as admin

Click the plan you want to go straight to then copy and paste the URL that shows up in the address bar.

It will look something like this
    http://www.yourdomain.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=14

where the number at the end you can change according to which sub plan you want it to go to.

I then just link the join button to the above url and after they have registered they only then see the one option.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:
    EM

• JessiBo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Secondary question, is it possible to have the registration form itself on the home page? No need to click a button, it's all right there. OR have it be the pop up registration form from the button?

Thanks again for the help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.