Membership cancellation feedback

When a user cancels a subscription, would like to have a way to collect feedback as to why they're canceling the membership. Via a form for example, to get some insight regarding the reason for cancellation.

Having such feature in MarketPress and Pro Sites would be useful as well.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Greg

I hope you're well today and thank you for this suggestion!

I think such sort of form is quite commonly used to gather feedback so it would indeed be a great tool. I'm just wondering whether it should be integrated or maybe some sort of "hook" or just option to add an external form?

What I mean is: technically speaking, it's possible to add some sort of form to Membership 2 Pro or Pro Sites and so on. However, it could also be possible to e.g. create an integration with our Forminator so a selected Forminator form would be displayed. Or, alternatively, it could just be a field in plugin options to put a shortcode of any other form that would be displayed along with cancellation message.

What do you think about that?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Stephanie

I am completely on board with this idea. Or just give us a "cancellation page" setting like how we can select other pages in the back end.

Or is there something like this and I'm just missing it? I feel the cancellation is a very important aspect. If someone cancels, they should know they still have access until the membership expires (for monthly/annual, as an example), and be able to customize the page to allow them to give feedback based on their experience. (because hey, maybe they just no longer need the membership and that's ok!)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Stephanie

No, I'm afraid there's no "cancellation page" yet :slight_smile: But the idea of a cancellation feedback itself is great so that's why we're discussing it here :slight_smile:

I was thinking of some sort of integration as this would probably be easier in terms of a code on Membership 2 Pro side and more "universal" (as you could actually build a complex questionnaire form if needed) but maybe a simple "cancellation page" could be better indeed :slight_smile: I'm not actually sure as I'm not (and never did) run any "subscription based" sites so personally, I just don't know what would be better in terms of marketing/usefulness :slight_smile:

Let's also see what other Members will say and I'll then bring it to our developers for further consideration.

Best regards,
        Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.