Membership communications not working

Hi there, I set up two emails to remind my members to renew but I don't think these are working. I've tried to send tests to myself and they aren't working either.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Are other default WordPress emails getting sent from your site like user registration, password reset etc. ?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Michelle,

I could confirm the issue on my test site using latest version of Membership Pro plugin that the communication email sent to ourselves doesn't get sent.

I have notified the plugin developer about it so that it can be fixed.

In the meanwhile to fix this issue try editing the following Membership Pro plugin file on line number 5756 as displayed below.

Membership Pro plugin file :
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php

Before Editing:

$actions['sendme'] = sprintf( '<span class="sendme"><a href="%s" title="%s">%s</a></span>', wp_nonce_url( esc_url( add_query_arg( array( 'action' => 'sendme', 'comm' => $comm->id ) ) ), 'sendme-' . $comm->id ), __( 'Send this communication message to me', 'membership' ), _x( 'Send Me', 'Send this communication message to me', 'membership' ) );
    											$actions['delete'] = "<span class='delete'><a>id . "", 'delete-comm_' . $comm->id) . "'>" . __('Delete', 'membership') . "</a></span>";

After Editing:

$actions['sendme'] = sprintf( '<span class="sendme"><a href="%s" title="%s">%s</a></span>', wp_nonce_url("?page=" . $page . "&action=sendme&comm=" . $comm->id . "", 'sendme-' . $comm->id ), __( 'Send this communication message to me', 'membership' ), _x( 'Send Me', 'Send this communication message to me', 'membership' ) );
    											$actions['delete'] = "<span class='delete'><a href='" . wp_nonce_url("?page=" . $page . "&action=delete&comm=" . $comm->id . "", 'delete-comm_' . $comm->id) . "'>" . __('Delete', 'membership') . "</a></span>";

The above solution will resolve the Send Me communication email functionality issue.

Regarding not sending communication email have you made sure that it's not a CRON issue? You can use a Cron debug tool like this one here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar-cron/

Also please regrant the support staff access on your site so that we can test it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.